Customer Service Representative Austin TX (108417021)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Working in an office environment under supervision, the Customer Service Representative is responsible for direct customer support, authorization of equipment and supplies, intake process, procurement of CMNs, Title 19s and other required documentation. Performs all functions in a professional and ethical manner and collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure quality patient care and excellent customer service.
Positions in this function works collaboratively with clinic staff and other departments to provide an exceptional patient experience.
- Assists callers with general contacts including, but not limited to, appointment scheduling, general facility and provider information, general requests, medical records requests and issue resolution.
- Verify and update patient information in the clinical information system.
- When appropriate, assigns electronic tasks to clinic staff to intervene with medically related inquiries and requests and to address concerns.
- Document thoroughly all calls and actions taken within core systems
- Provides telephone support to all patients/customers
- Answers general questions about equipment and supplies
- Schedule pickup, delivery, and setup of Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
- Review patient chart (in EMR) to ensure core measures are being addressed and met per protocol and takes appropriate action when they are not, i.e., schedule services.
- Takes reorders for supplies over the telephone
- Routes specific or complex questions to appropriate individuals
- Enters order for deliveries into Mesta-med
- Notifies delivery technicians of any STAT deliveries
- Receives and addressees customer complaints
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in healthcare or customer service environment with direct customer contact
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Medical office experience
- Electronic Medical Record experience
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Familiarity with managed care
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Knowledge of Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.