Customer Service Rep Lead - Las Vegas, NV (108519026)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Under general supervision in the Call Center, the Customer Service Rep Senior is responsible for representing the physician's office through telephonic communication consisting of both inbound and outbound calls, schedules appointments and provides direction to callers as needed. Applies knowledge / skills to a range of moderately complex scheduling and customer service activities. Responsible for mentoring lower level team members, assist with more complex issues and routes appropriately to department Lead as needed.
- Acts as a primary resource for handling staff inquiries regarding policies and procedures
- Training: Ensures newly hired staff is trained within 90 days. Trains newly hired staff and works as a mentor to develop good working habits to ensure the success of the troupe
- Displays positive behavior and regularly supports department efforts to improve employee engagement and morale. Remains accountable and implements information derived from staff meetings. Conduct and administers team huddles and updates / reminders
- Satisfactorily completes additional tasks and special projects as assigned
- Accuracy: Maintain a quality assurance audit score of 95%. Acquire no more than 12 scheduling errors in the calendar year
- Send and receive tasks and emails to provider offices to assist patients with medical care and escalated issue
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Complete within 2 years a SHS training curriculum
- 1+ years of experience in a call center / customer service environment
- Working knowledge of computerized telephone system and ACD
- Healthcare / Managed Care and/or insurance industry and scheduling guideline knowledge
- Working knowledge of IDX, Imagecast, Touchworks and ImpactMD
- General knowledge of MS Word and Excel, MS Office
- Experience in customer service and proper telephone etiquette
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare environment
- Medical Terminology knowledge
- Solid leadership skills
- Critical thinking skills - detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $20.00 to $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.