Customer Billing Advocate (Northwell) - Melville, NY (108763837)
Join Us for Our National Virtual Job Fair
Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 11am CST
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to learn more about our exciting opportunities Nationwide!
Register here for the event at: https://uhg.hr/NorthwellHealthRoles
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
$2,500 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Opportunities with Northwell Health. Bring your passion for health care to Northwell Health, an Optum partner in New York. We’re a team that’s committed to providing excellent service to every patient, every time. Employed by Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you will support Revenue Cycle Management at Northwell Health. Here, we bring together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care must go to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.℠
We want extraordinary people who can surpass our customer’s expectations by providing a unique interaction with our organization that strives to drive high satisfaction and loyalty. A successful Customer Billing Advocate within Optum360, servicing Northwell Health Revenue Cycle, has a passion for delivering extraordinary service to our customers who deserve and expect the ultimate in health systems experience. The Customer Billing Advocate will be an exceptionally customer focused individual that will provide information, fulfill customer needs, and tailor our services to create an easy and seamless servicing experience.
This position is full-time (37.5 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8am - 6pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 2 Huntington Quadrangle, Melville, NY 11747.
- Primarily performing all functions within a customer tele-servicing center, servicing a high volume of billing related customer requests
- Understand intricacies of health care billing and how to communicate effectively
- Have financial conversations and drive the collection of payments
- Promote meaningful and positive payment experiences through relevant and informed conversations with customers regarding the financial services that we can offer
- Create flawless experiences for our customers by addressing customer inquiries and resolving service issues that include but are not limited to: researching and analyzing accounts receivable and outstanding balances, negotiating and advising on the collection of overdue bills and payment plans, collecting overdue payments, understanding financial assistance offerings, managing and resolving customer disputes
- Address and resolve complex escalated billing and service issues utilizing department policies and procedure manuals, guidelines and other reference materials
- Create innovative ways to resolve customers’ issues or concerns to win their loyalty
- Provide input for new service processes and strategies
- Be accountable and take ownership of the customer’s experience from beginning to end Identify opportunities to proactively meet member needs to deliver value - added recommendations and services
- Meet individual performance objectives based on customer satisfaction, productivity and overall positive / proactive behavior, while participating in training sessions to remain current on various policies, processes, systems and procedures related to servicing of customers
- Work with internal departments to achieve common goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service, including but not limited to: Hospitality, retail, banking, call center, etc.
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create, edit, save and send documents)
- Available to work any shift during hours of operation 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Hours of operation may change due to business need
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Healthcare industry experience
- Medical Billing experience
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience within a healthcare association
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Empathetic, courteous, and pleasant on the phone with patients
- Ability to build relationships with customers to drive high customer satisfaction
- Listen and respond appropriately to inquiries
- Ability to think critically, problem solve effectively, and respond quickly
- Ability to meet and / or exceed productivity and quality standards in a fast - paced environment
- Motivated, organized, and enthusiastic
- Experience working in a metric driven environment with productivity goals or quotas
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum360. At Optum360, we're on the forefront of health care innovation. With health care costs and compliance pressures increasing every day, our employees are committed to making the financial side more efficient, transferable and sustainable for everyone. We're part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of companies, making us part of a global effort to improve lives through better health care. In other words, it's a great time to be part of the Optum360 team. Take a closer look now and discover why a career here could be the start to doing your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #RED