Customer Service Representative - Las Vegas, NV - 2500 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates (108986808)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Customer Service Representative, you will work in a call center environment under supervision to receive and process inbound calls from patients, providers and other medical staff. You will execute outbound calls or electronic tasks to assist with providing medical related services. You'll also assist callers with appointment scheduling, prescriptions refills, facility locations and lab results. The role involves resolving routine to complex issues.
This call center is open 7 days a week 7:00am-10:00pm. You must be able to work any shift, including weekends.
- Answers a minimum of 75 calls per day resolving moderate to complex issues
- Schedule and verify appointments in clinical information system
- Verify and update patient demographic and insurance information
- Send and receive tasks to Provider offices to assist patient with access to medical care
- Receive and process expedite, stat and at - risk referral status
- Extreme high volume data entry
- Process and resolve expedited patient complaints
- Review and processing of medication refills
- Proactive response to inquiries from patients, providers, and internal medical personnel
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in a customer service / call center or healthcare environment
- SHS training curriculum completed within 2 years of training
- Expanded knowledge and use of Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Pass a Microsoft outlook and 60 min typing test
- This call center is open 7 days a week 7:00am-10:00pm. You must be able to work any shift, including weekends
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Medical Terminology
- Advanced knowledge of insurance products
- Training in a medical office or customer service related field
- CPT and ICD - 9 coding
- Able to demonstrate customer service and proper telephone etiquette
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills in Windows environment
- Solid listening, critical thinking, decision making, telephone, customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize call types
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $16.00 to $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Customer Service Representative, SMA, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada