Bilingual (English / Spanish) Member Services Customer Service Representative - Remote (109094675)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast - growing environment.
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's positive. And it's being led by companies like UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members by interfacing and solving issues with their health care providers. As part of our Provider Services group, the quality of support you deliver will directly translate into better care for their patients This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am -8:00pm EST). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Answer incoming phone calls from health care providers (i.e. physician offices, clinics) & members. Identify the type of assistance the provider needs (EG. benefit and eligibility, billing and payments, authorizations for treatment, explanation of benefits)
- Focus on resolving issues on the first call, navigating through complex computer systems to identify the status of the issue and provide appropriate response to caller
- Deliver information and answer questions in a positive manner to facilitate strong relationships with providers and their staff
- Complete the documentation necessary to track provider issues and facilitate the reporting of overall trends
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll interact with providers with the intent to develop a relationship with them. Within a high volume setting, you'll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers/customers.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR 2+ years of equivalent work experience in call center environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (create, edit, sort, filter spreadsheets)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word (create, edit, save documents)
- Bilingual Fluency (English/Spanish)
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Prior health care experience and or call center experience
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Skilled in problem solving to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $15.00 - $22.02. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $15.00 - $24.13. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW