Network Security Service Desk Support ( 603159-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a member of Network Security, the Service Desk Consultant uses technical experience and an online knowledge base to respond to service requests by resolving, redirecting or escalating to higher level support. The position responds to customer service requests as the initial contact into the Network Security organization. Service level objectives (SLO) and Methods of Procedure (MOP) will be clearly defined and adhered to by Service Desk employees.
- Monitoring the Service Desk ticket queues in AYS,Slack channel and Remedy
- Following up to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution of user requests within SLOs
- Following well defined workflows
- Coordinating activities with Network Security teams
- Educating users on best practices by providing content or directing to online resources
- Supported services will include: Software Container scanning; Secure Network Systems; and 5G Certificate support.
- Provide Tier 1 user support for Access Guardian, Tacacs, and Midrange Systems.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Technology or at least five years of hands-on customer communications experience.
- Configuration of operating systems to include: security controls and desktop/server technical support.
- Strong knowledge of networking principles and advanced troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience in a service provider or a service desk environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of networking, network security, VPNs, and software packages.
- Operating systems (Windows, Linux, macOS), and web technologies (Internet security).
- Understanding of remote logging protocols.
- Python programming and Bash shell knowledge.
- Access Guardian user administration, and technical support.
- SONET and Midrange system administration.
- Analytical mindset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for working with customers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.