Associate Director Actuarial Service - Telecommute, Green Bay or Indianapolis (109271604)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
What's your next step? How will you leverage the study, training, certifications and your energy to help develop solutions to transform the health care industry? As an Associate Actuarial Director at UnitedHealth Group, you can do just that. You'll lead complex actuarial projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives and helping to make the health system work better for everyone. It's an opportunity to help rewrite the future of UnitedHealth Group as you participate in the development of business strategy.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assemble and submit state rate filings for approval in the Individual Medical and Medicare Supplement markets
- Meet regulatory/reporting requirements and deadlines
- Understand and interpret key drivers of health care trends
- Conduct and evaluate studies on pricing, utilization and health care costs and manage the development of pricing methodologies and assumptions
- Design and run complex data programs to perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling
- Analyze forecasts and trends and translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences including senior leaders
- Analyze and implement changes that impact the foundational pricing and risk assumptions
- Mentor an elite team of actuaries and help them create unique solutions to complex problems
The challenges here are significant. You'll be part of an intensely driven and focused team that is accountable for constantly improving business results. You'll be a trusted subject matter expert who's called on to incorporate traditional actuarial expertise into novel, cutting edge actuarial solutions.
Our department currently manages profitable products across the United States that contribute to United’s bottom line. In addition to individual pricing support, the team is responsible for profitability, compliance requests, surveys, and much more.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) designation
- Meet AAA requirements to sign health Statements of Actuarial Opinion
- 7+ years of Actuarial experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience working in finance or the health care industry
- Advanced level of proficiency with SAS (Statistical Analysis System)
- Actuarial Education Program support negotiable
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.