Customer Service Representative Senior - Hybrid - Telecommute in Ontario, CA (109565249)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Challenge can often be it's own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported as you make an impact in a fast paced career? At UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you can have all of the above, everyday. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our existing and new customers. As a Senior Customer Service Advocate, you'll provide our members with the information they need to make better decisions about their health, helping them get access to the right care the first time. Every day, you'll provide compassionate and empathetic support to 50 to 70 callers providing guidance, support, and resolution for escalated issues. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
If you are located in Ontario, CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as a resource or Subject Matter Expert for team members or internal customers
- Handle escalated calls, resolving more complex customer issues
- Demonstrate outstanding service to identify the source of the caller's issue and work to resolve the inquires in a timely and professional manner
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care topics such as selecting the best benefit plan options, maximizing the value of their health plan benefits and choosing a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctor's offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites while encouraging and reassuring them to becoming self-sufficient with our tools
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll be on the phone for long periods of time and encounter all types of communication styles and personalities as you help resolve conflicts or issues. You'll deal with stressful situations and resolve complex health care concerns in a positive, simplified manner so that callers fully understand their health care plans and solutions.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent years of work experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience OR experience in a medical office, health care, call-center or office setting analyzing and solving customer problems
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Proficient conflict management skills including the ability to resolve stressful situations
- Health care experience
- Proficient in translating health care-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Knowledge of billing/finance and eligibility processes, practices and concepts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.