Tech Expert BGCO Tech Customer Service ( 604323-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You are responsible for achieving business results through delivering best-in-class technical support and customer experiences to high-value business & government customers. Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting skills necessary to resolve the full scope of customer issues including both advanced technical and customer service inquiries. You will be responsible for supporting our current and evolving advanced products & solutions (5G, Mobile Edge Computing, Private Network, Telematics, Internet of Things, Enterprise Messaging, etc.) and providing individual account support to achieve issue resolution. You’ll be at the heart of our business and Advanced Technical Solutions all while working both at home and in the office.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager. To be eligible for this position, your home office must be located within a 90 minute commute of the Verizon locationspecified on this job posting.
The primary responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Perform advanced troubleshooting for hardware and software, diagnosing both network and application issues.
- Provide detailed information on how to set up/configure complex data and voice products.
- Provide a high level of resolution support to multiple business customer types as measured by Customer Experience Audits adapting to their varying needs and requirements.
- Provide efficient customer support with the ability to be proficient in customer-facing systems.
- Maintain an in-depth level of knowledge of products, network, and ability to position them as strategic solutions.
- Drive trouble ticket accuracy through deductive reasoning and tool utilization.
- Provide advanced technical support information to sales and support groups across all channels as appropriate.
- Help create and accept change and innovation in your area of the business to create greater value for customers, shareholders and peers.
- Leverage skills and abilities to best support the customer as well as identify opportunities to drive growth and proactive solutions.
What’s in it for you...
- As a V Teamer, we’re invested in you. We’ve got you covered with a total rewards package that includes up to $8k/year in tuition assistance, 401(k) savings plan with company match, 8 weeks parental leave, 50% off your Verizon wireless service, and more.View our benefits.
- Being surrounded by great technology is the start. Being surrounded by great people makes it even better. Thousands of locations, millions of connections. A personal experience for each customer created by you. Our technologies and our customers’ needs are always evolving, and you’ll be at the forefront of the tech world’s latest trends.
What we’re looking for...
Specifically, You’ll need to have…
- The ability to meet all home office requirements listed below.
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of customer service and/or sales experience.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Even better if you have one or more of the following…
- A degree.
- One or more years of technical support experience.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with others.
- Experience resolving customer issues, billing, and/or handling product Q&A.
- Experience promoting and/or selling products and services.
- Network Certifications: A+ Certification, Network+ Certification, etc.
- Experience with setting up or configuring complex data and voice products (Corporate Messaging platforms and Private Networks).
- Knowledge of troubleshooting for PC Operating systems, specifically Device Manager and TCP/IP configuration.
- Leadership experience.
Where you’ll be working...
This is a hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days 2 days a week set by your manager. To be eligible for this position, your home office must be located within a 90 minute commute of the Verizon location specified on this job posting.
Home office and virtual office requirements:
- Internet service with a direct connection to a cable or fiber modem and capable of at least 25mbps plan minimum. Wireless connections, satellite or DSL are not acceptable.
- A dedicated quite, private workspace.
- Verizon conducts periodic home audits via webcam to ensure your workspace meets requirements.
- The ability to self-manage in a remote work environment, including setup of company-provided ergonomic chair, desk and computer equipment and ongoing proactive, skilled, and effective management of your home network and connections.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.