Part-Time Access Service Representative (Northwell) - Manhasset, NY (109751932)
$2,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Opportunities with Northwell Health. Bring your passion for health care to Northwell Health, an Optum partner in New York. We’re a team that’s committed to providing excellent service to every patient, every time. Employed by Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you will support Revenue Cycle Management at Northwell Health. Here, we bring together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care must go to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work. ℠
Ability to work part-time (15 hours per week) 7:00am - 3:00pm Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. Our office is located at 300 COMMUNITY DRIVE, MANHASSET , 11030.
We offer 4 to 5 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Access Service Representative is responsible for providing exemplary customer service to all our patients following Northwell’s Culture of C.A.R.E model. Responsible for registering patients, completion of all documents and articulating information related to registrations in a manner that patients, guarantors, and family members understand, ensuring clear explanation of their financial responsibilities. Onsite Patient Facing Role. Collaborates with other team members to ensure timely turnaround for the patient.
- Greets patients and/or visitors to the facility in a courteous manner
- Conducts interviews to obtain relevant demographic and insurance data; obtains appropriate signatures on medical, legal, and financial forms
- Provides copies and interpretation of Hospital policies and regulations to patients including, but not limited to visiting hours, patient rights, services etc.
- Enters patient information into hospital registration system(s) and verifies accuracy of information. Re-verifies demographics and insurance of recurring patients
- Meets established quality standards and adheres to department key performance indicators
- Obtains and/ or verifies authorization and referral requirements as applicable
- Adheres to all regulatory agency guidelines (i.e., HIPAA) and safeguards patient information always
- Educates patients on out-of-pocket responsibilities
- Collects balances, enters payment into collection system and closes batch end of day
- Refers patients to Financial Counseling when applicable
- Schedules and/or contacts patients for admission, outpatient procedures, tests as applicable
- Arranges for transport or escorts patient to room or clinical department as applicable
- Maintains logs and completes various forms related to internal procedures (i.e., birth/ death certificates)
- Answers phone calls in a prompt and polite manner
- Follow department procedures for patient throughput as applicable and other duties as assigned.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience working in any high-volume/high-intensity service industry (e.g., hospital, medical office, hospitality, restaurant, education, or retail environment)
- Ability to effectively interact with patients, clinical team members, and other team members
- Ability to work part-time (15 hours per week) 7:00am - 3:00pm Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays
- Ability to work a training shift of Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm, for 4 - 5 weeks until training is complete
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Associate degree (or higher)
- Bilingual language skills based on site location
- Previous healthcare experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and superior keyboarding skills
- Ability to learn and navigate multiple computer systems/ applications
- Detail-oriented and a team player
- Flexible/adaptable nature to work in a continuously evolving environment
- Attendance of mandatory training upon hire and successful passing of cumulative assessment
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum360. At Optum360, we're on the forefront of health care innovation. With health care costs and compliance pressures increasing every day, our employees are committed to making the financial side more efficient, transferable and sustainable for everyone. We're part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of companies, making us part of a global effort to improve lives through better health care. In other words, it's a great time to be part of the Optum360 team. Take a closer look now and discover why a career here could be the start to doing your life's best work.SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #Red