Customer Service Representative - Las Vegas, NV (109721592)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Under general supervisor this position is responsible for responding to referrals requests generated via computer, fax or telephone. Answers all incoming calls via automatic call distribution and assists customers/patients with the durable medical equipment and supplies referral process. Makes outbound calls to obtain demographics and referral information, verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and obtains authorizations as needed.
- Handles incoming and outbound calls and facilitates a positive customer/patient experience
- Facilitates referral process by obtaining accurate demographics, verifies insurance coverage and schedules deliveries/shipments of medical equipment/supplies to the patient’s home or medical facility
- Contacts referral sources to verify and request documentation required to process orders
- Obtains prior authorization and secures copay as needed
- Routes referral and customer information to the appropriate venue and notifies referral source of disposition when unable to accept referral
- Drives resolution of caller questions/issues on the first call whenever possible and ensures proper documentation of calls and resolution actions
- Accurately document all patient and referral information in patient’s chart and computer system
- Provide education to the customer/patient and answer questions about durable medical equipment and medical supplies
- Resolves most questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years customer service experience
- 1+ years working as call center representative
- Solid understanding of phone-based and face-to-face customer service work environments
- Computer literate and have the ability to learn new & complex computer system applications
- Ability to understand multiple medical products and insurance plans
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Customer service experience in durable medical equipment, medical or healthcare industry
- Medical terminology, ICD coding and CPT coding
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organized and manage a variety of tasks, meet deadlines and ensure productivity
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $16.00 to $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment