Part Time - Access Service Representative - Weekend Shift (Northwell) - Manhasset, NY (109927719)
Join Us for Our National Virtual Job Fair
Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 11am CST
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to learn more about our exciting opportunities Nationwide!
Register here for the event at: https://uhg.hr/NorthwellHealthRoles
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment
$2,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Opportunities with Northwell Health. Bring your passion for health care to Northwell Health, an Optum partner in New York. We’re a team that’s committed to providing excellent service to every patient, every time. Employed by Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you will support Revenue Cycle Management at Northwell Health. Here, we bring together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care must go to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work. ℠
This Access Service Representative position is Part Time Sat/Sun/Holidays 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends. Our office is located at 300 Community Drive, Manhasset, New York, 11030.
We offer 4 to 5 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday - Friday.
- Pre - register and / or register patients according to departmental policy and procedure
- Enter patient information and charges into appropriate system
- Provide patients with all pertinent information and obtain appropriate signatures on medical, legal and financial forms
- Verify financial / insurance information using appropriate database retrieval systems
- Provide guidance and assistance to patients and staff members with regard to insurance regulations
- Accept payment from patients; reconcile cash payments and provide appropriate feedback to Supervisor regarding various payment and / or cash issues
- Direct patients to appropriate areas following registration
- Perform various related clerical duties supporting department operations including, but not limited to, answering telephone maintaining files, scanning, keeping inventory of supplies, and informing management of all activities, needs and problems
- Maintain current knowledge base regarding insurance information and managed care guideline; maintain knowledge base of designated networks based upon managed care contracts in order to provide assistance to patients
- Demonstrate ability to utilize data retrieval insurance eligibility systems
- Participate in quality control activities
- Review, assess and evaluate patient registrations to ensure accuracy of demographic and financial information; and correct erroneous registrations and inform Supervisor
- Perform related duties, as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of in - person customer service experience including, but not limited to: hospital, physician's office, medical clinic, hospitality, banking, retail, etc.
- Familiarity with computers and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work part time Sat/Sun/Holidays 7 a.m. - 3 p.m
- Ability to work a training shift of Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM for 4 - 5 weeks until training is complete
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Any previous hospital or physician's office patient registration experience
- Experience in insurance reimbursement and financial verification
- Bilingual and fluent in English and Spanish
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #RED