Customer Service Supervisor - Remote (109882144)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic and each day presents a new set of challenges. And that’s where UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses is taking the lead. We see those challenges as opportunities, but we can’t do it alone. You’ll play a leadership role in a high volume, focus and performance driven call center where the goal is always to connect with members and enhance the customer experience. Now you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll need to stay positive at all times especially in difficult situations. You’ll be asked to mentor, challenge and communicate effectively with all different types of people.
This position is full-time Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am - 10:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily/weekly/monthly activities of team members including:
- Simple and Complex Claim processing
- Incoming call, chat and secure messaging
- Proactive outbound campaigns
- Micro Population specialization support (Special Needs, Transgender)
- Manages team commitment inventory
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion and performance goals are met
- Coordinates work activities with other Supervisors, Specialists, Business Partners, etc.
- Identifies and resolves operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment
- Provides coaching and feedback to team members, including coaching as well as formal corrective action
- Conducts performance reviews for team members
- Responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and/or providers, including responding to escalated callers
- Direct phone-based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in a customer service-related environment
- 2+ years of consumer service experience as an E&I Advocate4Me Representative
- 1+ years of experience as a Tier 1 Consumer Service Advocate4Me Representative
- Experience using computer and Windows PC applications including strong keyboard and navigation skills
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office - Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Ability to work Monday - Friday an 8 - hour shift between the hours of 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Associate degree (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience as a Tier 2 Consumer Service Advocate4Me Representative
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare industry
- Previous claims processing experience
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to multi-task including the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Adeptness in learning new computer programs; the ability to type and talk at the same time and toggle between multiple screens
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $43,200 - $76,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $47,700 - $84,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW