Lead Customer Patient Service Representative - Telecommute in Denver or Golden, CO (109882020)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This individual will be a key member of the Employer and Individual (E&I) Marketing team. Individual will be responsible for developing strategies for events and large meetings, working with our events vendor to execute on these plans and remain in constant communication with stakeholder parties as to the status of each project.
In addition to the above, this Individual will be responsible for tactical plans to achieve maximum participation and engagement. Planning, developing and implementing an effective mix of event tactics that challenge traditional go-to-market ideas to deliver high-quality programs and results. Demonstrates a deep understanding of trends in events marketing, distribution channels and the completive landscape. Serve as a cross-functional leader and consensus builder across sales, regional marketing, product management and business operations for launching event and meeting initiatives. Leverages full capability of national market team to deliver local and client-based solutions with a clear focus on speed-to-market. The successful candidate will be naturally curious, a self-starter and continuously bring new and cutting edge event planning practices and tactics forward.
Individual will be accountable for the performance and direction through multiple layers of management and staff.
This is a hybrid role (3 days in office/2 days remote) based in Minnetonka, MN.
- Own event planning from end to end - building of strategy with markets and build out effective plan to execute upon
- Act as a lead to those planning events in the markets; provide training and be an expert resource for questions or other needs
- Develop and own event guidelines/checklists
- Review conference requests and determine resource requirements
- Collaborate with applicable stakeholders to identify conference goals/requirements/specifications (e.g., objectives, agenda)
- Gather the appropriate planning team and develop project plan -Identify/evaluate potential venues and recommend/determine the appropriate site
- Establish conference agenda and determine the appropriate content/requirements for each agenda item (e.g., general sessions, breakout session, evening events, expos)
- Obtain faculty/presenter names/contact info from stakeholders and coordinate travel as needed
- Identify and determine exhibit properties to be used in the conference (e.g., tables, signage, booths, displays)
- Identify and engage applicable vendors to provide conference support and services, as needed (e.g., A/V staff, site owners, creative services, print vendors)
- Ensure that all conference project participants and workstreams are on track, on time and on budget
- Ensure that all conference communications and preparations are planned and executed appropriately (e.g., printed materials, mobile apps, exhibitor prospectus, syllabus, save-the-dates, registration websites, FAQ documents, email communications)
- Provide regular updates to applicable stakeholders on project activities, and make appropriate recommendations/revisions, as needed (e.g., planning team, executive sponsors, vendors/partners)
- Identify, source and obtain promotional items for conference participants (e.g., gifts, giveaways, incentives)
- Manage conference activities on-site to ensure seamless execution and make real-time decisions/changes/adjustments, as needed (e.g., registration, materials, technology, meeting space, catering, exhibits, transportation)
- Perform post-event evaluations, summarize, and identify enhancements for future events (e.g., surveys, post-mortem meetings, feedback sessions)
- Lead health plan marketing strategy including development of annual business plan
- New Hire training
- Answering phones (when not training)
- Providing support and training for staff
Audit provider schedules to ensure accurate and appropriate appointment was scheduled; provide training when necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing or similar field
- 5+ years of direct experience in event planning either at an agency or corporation
- 5+ years of experience in a deadline driven environment
- 5+ years of experience demonstrating organization skills
- 5+ years of experience managing and prioritizing several deliverables
- 5+ years of experience in meeting or exceeding sales promotion/marketing targets
- 5+ years of experience influencing and collaborating with others
- 5+ years project management experience
- Demonstrated experience overseeing event budget and expenses.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Travel as required (10%) to meet with marketing team leadership and health plan leadership, sales team meetings, participate in priority events, present budgets and marketing plans as appropriate
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Healthcare, financial services or consumer product experience
- Ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $18.17 to $32.26. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.