Mgr, Billing & Customer Service Controls- Any FE location (57245)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FEU]
This position is within the Customer Experience organization specifically under Customer Care and reports to the Director of Customer Management. It can be located at any of the FE Locations.
This position manages a team responsible for implementing regulatory required changes as it pertains to billing, oversees the performance, ensures compliance with regulated billing SOx controls and works across FirstEnergy business areas to respond to regulatory needs, resolve billing issues and implement solutions that ensures a positive customer experience.
- Demonstrating the ability to promote and model FirstEnergy’s Core Values and Behaviors.
- Promote a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment by encouraging open, honest, direct, and ongoing conversations among all team members.
- Implementing appropriate development plans and priorities while providing ongoing feedback, guidance, and training opportunities for the staff.
- Leading a team of exempt and non-exempt employees to ensure accurate, complete, and timely billing through established processes, controls, and system enhancements.
- Overseeing SOx control design, testing and performance with Internal Auditing, PwC, and Customer Care.
- Managing all areas of the billing process including controls related to smart meter conversions and related account set-up, cycle calendars, rate changes, bill print and postage budget.
- Supporting and leading team in developing and implementing billing solutions for new regulatory initiatives and programs.
- Managing relationships with Vendors as it pertains to billing processes.
- Managing and providing strategic insights supporting regulatory agendas, commission inquiries and data requests.
- Strategic thinking to develop long term solutions through identification of automation opportunities and maximization of technology.
- Representative for project planning team to ensure appropriate business and IT focus on billing related projects while balancing resources and efforts across Customer Experience.
- Working collaboratively across organizations including Rates, Regulated Settlements, Tax, Internal Auditing, Compliance, Regulatory Reporting, Communications, Meter Services, Customer Support, and IT.
- Leading investigations and resolution of billing related issues and reporting results to senior leadership and/or State Commissions.
- Support Customer Engagement benchmarking.
- Overseeing SAP security access to billing transactions and general oversight of customer data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field is required, MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant work experience at progressively increasing levels of responsibility is required. In lieu of degree minimum 10 years related work experience required. Relevant experience includes billing, process controls, regulatory compliance and financial concepts as well as the ability to coach and motivate others while working as a collaborative team.
- Financial Acumen with broad business perspective relating to Customer Service.
- Strong understanding of billing concepts and SOx controls is required.
- Ability to effectively direct analysis, synthesis of both qualitative and quantitative inputs and prepare business cases.
- Ability to effectively communicate results of analysis and business cases, both written and oral
- Experience building positive relationships and working with peers cross-functionally, demonstrating teamwork and collaboration.
- Appreciation for FirstEnergy’s core values and behaviors along with demonstrated experience, mindset, and strong disposition toward transparency, unassailable integrity, and trustworthiness.
- Strong critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and executive presence/leadership skills.
- Motivational and inspirational leadership, communicating a compelling vision, measuring performance, and fostering a culture of inclusion and accountability; a mentorship mentality, recruiting, developing, and growing high-caliber, diverse talent for current and future roles while building a high-performing team.
- Ability to appropriately manage conflict and work through difficult situations as needed.
- Willingness to travel throughout organization and service territory and work extended hours, as required.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team