Field Service Technician
The Field Service Technician is the primary Level 1 on-site support technician who provides technical support for all Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) assets located within a specific airport, seaport, border crossing, or customer site. The FST may also travel to various customer sites domestically and internationally as required. The FST performs preventative & corrective maintenance on complex electrical & mechanical equipment including both gamma-ray and X-ray imaging systems, radiation portal monitors, and explosive detection systems.
- Performing customer support activities involving the installation, modification, and repair of complex equipment and systems;
- Conducting on-site installation and testing of equipment to ensure proper working order;
- Isolating equipment start-up malfunctions and taking corrective action;
- Performing ad-hoc and predetermined work assignments with instructions;
- Following all established guidelines, procedures and policies;
- Working on assignments which are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required;
- Preparing daily logs and reports on work performed;
- Managing resources, maintaining schedules, and coordinating all repair activities in priority sequence to ensure adherence to contractual service level agreements (SLAs); and
- Working in a customer environment with systems operated in a 24/7 environment which require immediate response times and driving long distances to sites.
- Accepting and updating work order in CRM systems such as Salesforce, Maximo, and KOI for our customers.
- Keeping track of mileage and labor for accurate and prompt T&M submission in time card and expense reporting systems.
- Associates degree with 2+ years experience
- Have the ability to read, interpret, and redline drawings and schematics
- Familiar with basic electronic test, measure, and diagnostics equipment such as multimeters
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and hold a valid sate driver’s license
- Ability to pass a TSA suitability background check
- Must be able to lift, carry & transport heavy equipment greater than 50 lbs. safely, climb ladders at heights above 15’
- Previous experience servicing computer tomography (CT) equipment and other non-intrusive inspection equipment, PLC applications, hydraulic systems, and mechanical background considered a plus, along with network media conversion and software interface.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.