Optum Senior Customer Service Representative - Phoenix, AZ (111777742)
$2500 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Under general supervision in the Call Center, the SMA Senior Customer Service Representative is responsible for representing the physician’s office through telephonic communication consisting of both inbound and outbound calls, schedules appointments and provides direction to callers as needed. Applies knowledge / skills to a range of moderately complex scheduling and customer service activities. Responsible for mentoring lower level team members, assist with more complex issues and routes appropriately to department Lead as needed.
This position is full - time. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM (7 days / week). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 20414 NORTH 27TH AVENUE, PHOENIX, AZ. We offer 3 weeks of training.
- Acts as a primary resource for handling staff inquiries regarding policies and procedures
- Training: Ensures newly hired staff is trained within 90 days
- Trains newly hired staff and works as a mentor to develop good working habits to ensure the success of the troupe
- Displays positive behavior and regularly supports department efforts to improve employee engagement and morale
- Remains accountable and implements information derived from staff meetings
- Conduct and administers team huddles and updates / reminders
- Satisfactorily completes additional tasks and special projects as assigned
- Accuracy: Maintain a quality assurance audit score of 95%
- Acquire no more than 12 scheduling errors in the calendar year
- Send and receive tasks and emails to provider offices to assist patients with medical care and escalated issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in a call center / customer service environment
- Working knowledge of computerized telephone system and ACD
- Healthcare / Managed Care and / OR insurance industry, scheduling guidelines
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM (7 days / week)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare environment
- Medical terminology
- Working knowledge of IDX, Imagecast, Touchworks, and ImpactMD
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #RED