Service Desk Tier 2
Looking for an exciting new step in your IT career?
1901 Group (A Leidos company) has an exciting Service Desk Technician out of our client site in Washington, DC.
POSITION or PROGRAM SUMMARY:
A highly motivated information technology technician responsible for being the first contact for each of our customer calls. This individual will help ascertain the nature of the call, resolve issues where possible, and escalate to the appropriate work group, when necessary.
- After an initial acclimation period, you will be responsible for greeting our customers via phone calls, ascertain the nature of the call, resolve Level 2 issues where possible, open tickets via a ticketing system, and escalate to the appropriate work groups, when necessary.
- You will determine the functional area of the problem being reported, e.g. hardware, software, telecommunications, and provide detailed analysis of the problem
- Creation of Active Directory user accounts.
- You might be asked to deploy mobile devices to end users, assist with basic enterprise-level mobile device management configuration and troubleshooting
- Determine if equipment is warranted and arrange appropriate resolution under warranty
- You will update assigned tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work
- It will be very important to document status updates and communicate to necessary parties, including providing follow-up to the user on the status of the problem until resolution, and verify problem resolution prior to closure of the ticket
- You will troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades
- You will be expected to escalate the problem to next level support if the issue cannot be resolved at Level 2
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance or must have an active Public Trust security clearance.
- High School diploma and 5+ years experience
- Experience working in a deskside or remote support environment.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows, Mac, iOS, and Linux Operating Systems
- Must be available to work non-standard hours during peak times.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Industry certifications, such as ITIL v4, CompTIA A+, Security+, MCSA, or Apple Certified System Administrator (ASSA)
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.