Director - Experience, Service Design & User Research
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director - Experience, Service Design & User Researchto lead our global team of over 70 Product & Experience Designers, Content Writers and Researchers.
As leader you will be responsible for customer experience excellence across our SaaS Product Portfolio and in the end to end customer journey. Our strategy is our customer, ensuring our customers get the maximum value from our products, through a simple, seamless, connected and transparent experience. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Engineering, Global Customer Success, Marketing, and Sales, to deliver for our customers and internal teams. This role is a key member of the executive team and will have accountability to the customer experience, and overall growth.
- Lead the development and execution of the UX, service design, and user research strategy and iterative north star experience for the company. Ensure alignment with the overall product roadmap and wider business goals.
- Coach and lead your management team, providing guidance and support to help them grow and develop in their roles.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and prioritize strategic user research and design needs; ensure that research insights inform design decisions.
- Oversee the design and testing of prototypes, wireframes, and user flows to ensure that they meet user needs and business objectives.
- Identify and implement best practices and processes for UX, service design, and user research, ensuring that the team is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to advocate for the importance of user-centered design and research, driving the adoption of wider CX strategy and design best practices.
- Continuously iterate and improve the end-to-end customer journey in partnership other functions.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have…
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, or Psychology and/or equivalent work experience.
- Significant years of relevant experience in UX, service design, and user research, with a proven track record of leading and managing global 50+ person teams.
- Multiple years of UX leadership experience; experience as Head of User Experience at a SaaS company preferred.
- Experience managing and influencing client relationships at the senior executive level. Ability to present and interact with all levels of management.
- Experience leading teams; a leader with proven managerial abilities; excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to coach, mentor, and train others.
- Proven track record of building, training, and developing a high-performing team; ability to lead and motivate the organization to achieve tactical and strategic goals in a matrix organization.
- Customer outcome focused results and proven track record in shipping customer value.
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and best practices, including usability testing, user research, and user journey mapping.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with C suite, executive level and cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to mentor and support all team members.
- Experience working in a global software-as-a-service (SaaS) or other technology-based company across multiple time zones.
Even better if you have…
- Master’s degree
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.