Retail Store Customer Service Representative
Ashley Furniture is a privately held company with over 75 years in business. We wouldn’t be the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer without those that make us One Ashley. When you join the Ashley Furniture team you are joining the history and the future of furniture
The Customer Service Representative provides exceptional customer care and helps to exceed customer expectations daily. This position performs daily sales order entry and payment processing, undertakes the store’s administration functions and provides clerical support to store accounting functions that all help to create an easy, enjoyable guest shopping experience that generates new and repeat business.
Hourly Pay: $19.00 to $19.50 per hour
Primary Job Functions
· Provide an outstanding service experience for every Ashley customer and guest. Maintain a welcoming, professional visible presence at the front desk; engage with guests, ensuring they are always treated in a cordial, respectful manner in a way that represents the Company brand image.
· Handle customer issues directed to the store, over the phone and in person; take detailed notes and execute steps needed for resolution in a positive, professional and helpful way.
· Respond to customer’s inquiries regarding sales, billing and delivery; call customers to confirm and schedule deliveries; partner with the sales team to meet and exceed customers’ service expectations professionally and with respect.
· Process sales orders accurately and efficiently. Follow cash handling procedures. Assist customers with the credit application process and financing arrangements as needed. Maintain sales transaction documentation.
· Assist with store opening and closing procedures including cash balancing and daily checklists.
· Provide clerical support for store administration and accounting functions. Handle telephone traffic and route calls using professional paging methods. Assist in the completion of daily sales and other store reports.
· Assist with inventory and loss prevention processes. Participate in the bi-annual inventory process.
· Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job function.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Legally authorized to work in the US, Required
- At least 18 years old, Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Required
- 1 year customer service, office, and/or administrative experience, Required
· Ability to regularly lift over 25 lBS with or without reasonable accommodation
· Ability to transport loads of 40 IBS with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and Holidays
- Demonstrate Ashley’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Maintain reliable attendance
- Thrive in a team environment
At Ashley we believe in providing you flexibility for you and your family. When you join our family you are eligible to participate in our comprehensive Benefits programs which includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k), Paid Holidays, 80 hours paid vacation, Paid Sick Leave and Profit Sharing. Benefits may vary based on position and location so we encourage you to speak with the recruiting team during the interview process.
Who Are We?
Ashley is the largest manufacturer of home furnishings in the world and has been named one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes. We are on the cutting edge of innovation with a laser focus on technology. We invest in automation initiatives creating industry-leading, high-speed automated equipment and manufacturing systems.
“Since 1945, our teamwork, systems, and desire to continuously improve demonstrate a company whose passion is put into every action. Ashley’s vision is “We want to be the best home furnishings company”. We strive for nothing less than earning the loyalty and trust of our employees and customers every day.” -Todd Wanek, President, and CEO
One Ashley Core Values
· Honesty & Integrity
· Passion, Drive, Discipline
· Continuous Improvement/Operational Excellence
· Dirty Fingernail
· Growth Focused
Ashley Furniture is known for having a “Growth Mindset”, and it is our mission to help those around us continue to grow. We implement continuous improvement learning programs for those within our organization and outside of our organization.
We support community development by honoring our military, and first response teams, and investing in medical research. We strive to be an industry leader in waste reduction by increasing recycling and upcycling in our manufacturing facilities, distribution centers, and retail spaces.
Learn more about our efforts below
Programs we Support:
Soldiers Walk Memorial Park
Operation Shut Eye
Aiding First Responders
City of Hope
Hope to Dream
Scholarship Programs and Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates, only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals only.