Associate Director, Customer & Market Insights
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
This role is responsible for leading design and execution efforts, customizing research methodologies to deliver strategic customer insights and drive improved decision-making for Brands/TAs.
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties
Vision & Strategy
- Provides leadership for US and WW Access Market Research efforts, developing and deploying innovative market research techniques that reflect best practices, in order to develop key strategic customer insights and drive superior decision-making
- Accurately assesses market access business issues faced by Brands/TAs and develops the appropriate market research design to address them, providing superior analysis and reasoned solutions
- Synthesizes data from multiple sources to bring added value to research studies, then draws and communicates customer insights in a business-oriented, concise and meaningful way to be delivered to the Brands/TAs
- Identifies, gathers, and rigorously analyzes primary information to generate deep Access understanding and insights for designated TAs and channel (payers, institutions, providers)
- Applies and utilizes best practices for conducting primary research to help shape product strategy
- Analyzes need for primary research activities and scope, based on all existing research, resources and knowledge base within BMS
- Integrates findings from primary research and syndicated market research studies and reports at the TA level to generate deep insights
- Translates insights into actionable recommendations for the Access organization
- Continuously assesses current and new vendor capabilities and expertise by TA/channel
- Assesses and analyzes Access Market Research capabilities and provides recommendations on improvements and/or developments to the Access Market Research team.
- Supports the Director of Access Market Research in being the primary point of contact for Access market research and insights needs
- Works with vendors to obtain and analyze Access-related research
- Liaises with Brand team to ensure all Access insights are incorporated into broader brand strategy and identifies any opportunities for cross-customer research
- Works closely with Access Analytics team to develop and maintain analytical tools that drive strategic insights including evaluation of primary and secondary data sources and emerging methodologies
- BA/BS required
- MBA/other graduate degree preferred
- Experience in Market Access and the Healthcare landscape
- 5+ years insights generation experience
- Preferred 3+ years working experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven ability to effectively operate and influence cross-functionally while managing a heavy workload
- Deep knowledge of Market Access and Healthcare marketplace dynamics
- Excellent project management skills, in a face-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and priorities
- Superior analytical skills with proficiency in a broad range of primary market research methodologies
- Critical and logical thinking skills to develop actionable insights and recommendations from research
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse teams
- Working knowledge of secondary healthcare data (e.g. prescription and patient databases)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly gain therapeutic knowledge
- Strong presentation skills
- Travel required: <10%
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.