Customer Service Coordinator
Penske’s Customer Service Coordinator is designed to provide a high customer focused touch, working with customers to schedule preventative maintenance requests, coordinate outside repairs, plan and manage the shop work plan.
Candidates in this role need strong communication, organization, and influencing skills as this position is suited for someone who is self-driven, embraces a fast pace environment, and has a comfort level relationship building
This position is located at the Penske facility at 48 3rd Street in South Kearny, NJ.
• Frequently communicate with customers with maintenance updates including changes to schedule or work, billing concerns, or to resolve service issues. To include:
• Developing a structured cadence of two-way communication between Customer Service Coordinator and customer
• Manage inbound and outbound customer calls as well as other types of customer communication.
• Develop daily and weekly shop schedule based on customer needs and shop production, estimated unscheduled repairs, coordinate with customers when parts are available to schedule units for non-DOT follow-up repairs. Regular communication with shift management to maximize customer service and productivity in a changing environment.
• Educates new customers on the value of ongoing preventative maintenance
• Verifies that customers are receiving proper preventative maintenance schedules and notices
• Interacts daily with customers to address scheduling, SOS activity, etc
• Assuring customers are satisfied by capturing the voice of the customer
• Collaborate with the service management team to ensure shop productivity by optimizing the work plan
• Develop daily and weekly workforce plans by factoring customer needs, estimated unscheduled repairs, available parts, technician skill sets and work hours to maximize customer service and productivity.
• Collaborate with Penske Rental ensuring units are scheduled through the service department when repairs or cleaning are required.
• Ensure parts are available for scheduled work
• Collaborate with other Penske locations for status of units being repaired with a focus on keeping the customer informed
• Hold vendors accountable for quality and adherence to schedule for outside work
• Maintain shop productivity by optimizing the work plan
• Coordinate with district finance team on billing needs
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• 2 years of customer service experience required
• At least 1 year of hands-on mechanical experience required
• At least 2 years of service department administration preferred
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Associate degree, Technical School Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• ASE certification preferred
• Prior experience with service scheduling programs and diagnostic programs preferred
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Job Category: Vehicle Maintenance Management/Supervisors
Job Family: Customer Experience
Address: 48 3rd Street
Primary Location: US-NJ-South Kearny
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2313759