Customer Service Coordinator
Penske’s Customer Service Coordinator is designed to provide a high customer focused touch, working with customers to schedule preventative maintenance requests, coordinate outside repairs, plan and manage the shop work plan.
Candidates in this role need strong communication, organization, and influencing skills as this position is suited for someone who is self-driven, embraces a fast pace environment, and has a comfort level of relationship-building
Work Location: 4680 Laredo Ave., Fort Myers, Florida
Work Hours: The ideal candidate must be willing and able to work the scheduled assigned t
A Valid FL DL is required
• Frequently communicate with customers with maintenance updates including changes to schedule or work, billing concerns, or to resolve service issues. To include:
• Developing a structured cadence of two-way communication between Customer Service Coordinator and customer
• Manage inbound and outbound customer calls as well as other types of customer communication.
• Develop daily and weekly shop schedule based on customer needs and shop production, estimated unscheduled repairs, coordinate with customers when parts are available to schedule units for non-DOT follow-up repairs. Regular communication with shift management to maximize customer service and productivity in a changing environment.
• Educates new customers on the value of ongoing preventative maintenance
• Verifies that customers are receiving proper preventative maintenance schedules and notices
• Interacts daily with customers to address scheduling, SOS activity, etc
• Assuring customers are satisfied by capturing the voice of the customer
• Collaborate with the service management team to ensure shop productivity by optimizing the work plan
• Develop daily and weekly workforce plans by factoring customer needs, estimated unscheduled repairs, available parts, technician skill sets and work hours to maximize customer service and productivity.
• Collaborate with Penske Rental ensuring units are scheduled through the service department when repairs or cleaning are required.
• Ensure parts are available for scheduled work
• Collaborate with other Penske locations for status of units being repaired with a focus on keeping the customer informed
• Hold vendors accountable for quality and adherence to schedule for outside work
• Maintain shop productivity by optimizing the work plan
• Coordinate with district finance team on billing needs
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• 2 years of customer service experience required
• At least 1 year of hands-on mechanical experience required
• At least 2 years of service department administration preferred
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Associate degree, Technical School Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• ASE certification preferred
• Prior experience with service scheduling programs and diagnostic programs preferred
• The associate will be required to understand and comply with specific instructions, guidelines, rules, regulations, or other information established by Penske management
• The associate must be able to perform all work adhering to DOT, OSHA, and all Penske safety and maintenance policies; including but not limited to the correct selection and use of appropriate tools, PPE, machine guarding, and established best safety practice.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Physical Requirements: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, climb, bend, and sit for extended length of time throughout their scheduled working period.
• The associate is required to use their hands on a routine and daily basis to grasp, reach, touch, handle, feel, and/or otherwise operate required tools or controls.
• The associate must be able to work safely at heights using applicable ladders and elevated working platforms.
• The associate must be able to safely work in all weather conditions.
• Given the frequent movement of large trucks through the workplace, the associate must be able to see and hear in order to safely navigate the work environment.
• The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Job Board Summary
Penske’s Customer Service Coordinator is designed to provide a high customer focused touch, working with customers to schedule preventative maintenance requests, coordinate outside repairs, plan and manage the shop work plan. Candidates in this role need strong communication, organization, and influencing skills as this position is suited for someone who is self-driven, embraces a fast pace environment, and has a comfort level relationship building
Job Category: Vehicle Maintenance Management/Supervisors
Job Family: Customer Experience
Address: 4680 Laredo Ave.
Primary Location: US-FL-Fort Myers
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2325477