Ecosystems-Build and Service-USA- Power Seller - GSI/Southeast
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Brand Sales Specialist you'll work closely with clients to develop relationships, understand their needs, earn their trust and show them how IBM's industry leading solutions will solve their problems whilst delivering value to their business.
We're passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing and our clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a 'day-in-the life' of this role may include, but not be limited to…
. Managing a dedicated client set and defining, confirming, and communicating the differentiated value of IBM's technology at both the technical and business level.
• Using your solution-selling expertise you'll be identifying and engaging decision makers and influencers, qualifying business opportunities, and responding to clients' needs to create strategic, long-term partnerships.
• Managing the entire sales process, from RFI / RFP response preparation, and ensuring delivery against KPIs, with a strong emphasis on new business sales, while expanding existing accounts.
• Collaborating with the broader IBM sales ecosystem, from Marketing to Sales and technical colleagues, to IBM Business Partners, to build sales campaigns and incremental pipeline
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Proven track record of success in technology sales, with emphasis on new client acquisition.
• Demonstrable application of business and commercial acumen, communicated at all levels, to show the operational impact and financial value of technological solutions.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills that are equally engaging, compelling and influential.•
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Depth and breadth of knowledge regarding Power and or other IT Infrastructure experience in order to consult and advise, and quickly grow your reputation as your clients' credible, trusted advisor. (Training on IBM's Power offerings is provided).
A technical understanding of basic Infrastructure terms and an understanding about applications, databases and networks.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM Sales Incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change. The compensation range listed for this position is the IBM Reference Salary that is used when you are not actively participating in a sales plan. Your actual base pay plus incentive opportunity will be determined by the Incentive Plan assigned to you.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM