Lead Field Service Technician
Eaton’s Critical Power & Digital Infrastructure division is currently seeking a Lead Field Service Technician. This position is based remotely within the Glendale Heights, IL area with frequent travel to cusomter sites within this region - company vehicle provided!
The expected annual salary range for this role is $58,500- $85,800 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
- Be a key member of a world-class service organization that recently celebrated 12 consecutive years of growth.
- Join an organization where your health & safety are the number-one priority. Eaton provides our technicians with the training, tools, and PPE to keep you safe on the job.
- Opportunities for career advancement through a defined technical track as well as broader Eaton career opportunities in various business functions.
- Have the support of a robust internal infrastructure including 24-hour Customer, Technical and Factory support.
- Continuous hands-on learning opportunities at a world-class training facility as well as field-based mentoring.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 401K, ROTH, medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, 6 weeks of paid parental leave, and guaranteed 2 weekends off per month
- Tools including a company vehicle, laptop, hand tools, AMEX, meters and smartphone.
- Award winning efforts to recruit and support military veterans and their families.
What you’ll do:
Eaton’s Critical Power and Digital Infrastructure Division designs, manufactures, and services Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, batteries, and electronic-based products to ensure power reliability in the most demanding applications. Our technicians deliver mission-critical solutions to our customers’ most challenging energy management requirements.
- Perform on-site emergency repairs, start-up services and preventative maintenance in an on-call environment with regional responsibility
- Products to service include UPS systems, power distribution units and batteries.
- Provide technical support to customers and serve as technical advisor for operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Power Systems, Battery technologies and/or Electronics experience (coursework and internship experience apply).
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted State Driver's license.
- Must have ability and willingness to undergo and pass customer entrance requirements, which may include, but is not limited to, periodic background checks and drug screenings.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. This position is be based remotely with travel throughout the location listed. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area.
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics, or related field from an Accredited Institution or currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering program from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience working with Power Systems, Battery Technologies and/or Electronics.
- Ability to read schematic drawings and knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Electrical Technology Certificate from an accredited institution.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to work with other CSEs and take directions from the lead CSE on site.
- Incumbent may be required to perform the following tasks, but not limited to, frequent, occasional, or seldom: repetitive lifting/carrying; pushing/pulling; standing; climbing; squatting; bending; kneeling; or driving extended distances.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Good understanding of single phase and three-phase circuit theory; analog and digital electronic circuit theory; and microprocessor controls and programming.
- Understand how to use Oscilloscope.
- Understand how to perform phase rotation and phase alignment checks.
- Basic understanding of network functionality and sealed and wet celled battery theory and application.
- Understand the proper use of hand-tools, and when it is appropriate to use insulated tools.
- Understand need for safety and comply with company and customer rules on safety.
- Must demonstrate proficiency on products and field processes before being dispatched to the field.
- Must provide high quality of service.
- Self-starter and motivator.
- PC Proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office, and Outlook.
- Proven/Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Frequent travel to customer sites is required, with up to 25% of drive-time expected.
- Periodically support customer needs outside immediate region within the USA
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.