Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician - ( 24000146 )
*This Position Follows a Union Bidding Process
About the Role:
Windstream’s team of Field Service Technicians are vital team members who represent our leading telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business, enterprise and carrier partners across the United States. Our team of Field Service Technicians care about technology and connecting customers to products they value. Through providing technical expertise and customer support, our Field Service Technicians create meaningful connections with customers that create long-term relationships. Pay up to $25 per hour.
What You’ll Do:
- Install and repair residential and business communications services including telephone, internet, and video.
- Train and work with tools and test equipment to provide service of multiple different technologies and network designs.
- Recommend products and services that resolve their communications needs.
- Work in both buried and aerial plant requiring pole climbing and ladder skills.
- Safely operate and maintain clean and organized company service vehicle.
- Work in both inside and outside environments.
- Complete necessary safety training and follow safety standards and regulations.
- You will report to the Manager of Local Operations
Do You Have?
- Basic technology and math skills.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable.
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275lbs.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, capable of working aloft.
- Ability to successfully complete required safety training.
- Ability to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Ability to respond to after hour call-outs.
- High School Degree or GED equivalent.
- Customer service or sale experience.
- Certifications or training directly related to the position.
- Two-year technical degree in computers or electronics, or the equivalent in work experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Participation in Windstream’s benefit plans by employees in bargaining units is subject to the terms of their collective bargaining agreement
Windstream CIB Statement
Connecting people in a world of infinite possibilities. Windstream cultivates a workplace culture where innovation and belonging are the cornerstones of our success. We are dedicated to empowering every member of our team to contribute their unique talents and perspectives, fostering an environment where creativity and innovation flourish. Together, we strive to build a more welcoming and connected future, both within our organization and in the broader community we serve.
Our Employee Resource Groups:
WinVets – Veteran Employee Resource Group
WOW – Women Employee Resource Group
WINPRIDE – LGBTQ Employee Resource Group
WBPN – Black Professional Resource Group
WARG – Ability Resource Group
LaFamilia –Hispanic Resource Group
Windstream is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services, including broadband, security solutions, voice, and digital TV to consumers. The company also provides data, cloud solutions, unified communications and managed services to business and enterprise clients. The company supplies core transport solutions on a local and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning approximately 150,000 miles.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
Actual base pay for this job will depend on the candidate's primary work location and other factors, such as relevant skills and experience.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Primary Location : US-Florida-Hilliard
Work Locations :
Hilliard FL 3745 Pecan St3745 Pecan St
Job Category : Bargaining
EEO Statement: : Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Req ID: 24000146
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.