Customer Service Coordinator
A Penske Customer Service Coordinator is focused on working with customers to schedule preventative maintenance requests, coordinate outside repairs, plan and manage the shop work plan.
• Develop daily and weekly workforce plans by factoring customer needs, estimated unscheduled repairs, available parts, technician skill sets and work hours to maximize customer service and productivity.
• Communicate with customers as needed for maintenance updates including changes to schedule or work, billing concerns, or to resolve service issues.
• Assure that all Penske Rental units are maintained and prepared for customers
• Ensure parts are available for scheduled work
• Hold vendors accountable for quality and adherence to schedule for outside work
• Provide customer service, assuring customers are satisfied and will return for additional business.
• Maintain shop productivity by optimizing the work plan
• Coordinate with district billing clerks as necessary
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• 2 years of customer service experience required
• At least 1 year of hands on mechanical experience required
• 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
• At least 2 years of service department administration preferred
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Associates Degree, Technical School Degree, or Bachelors Degree preferred
• ASE certification preferred
• Prior experience with service scheduling programs and diagnostic programs preferred
• The associate will be required to understand and comply with specific instructions, guidelines, rules, regulations, or other information established by Penske management
• The associate must be able to perform all work adhering to DOT, OSHA, and all Penske safety and maintenance policies; including but not limited to the correct selection and use of appropriate tools, PPE, machine guarding, and established best safety practice.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Physical Requirements: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, climb, bend, and sit for extended length of time throughout their scheduled working period.
• The associate is required to use their hands on a routine and daily basis to grasp, reach, touch, handle, feel, and/or otherwise operate required tools or controls.
• The associate must be able to work safely at heights using applicable ladders and elevated working platforms.
• The associate must be able to safely work in all weather conditions.
• Given the frequent movement of large trucks through the workplace, the associate must be able to see and hear in order to safely navigate the work environment.
• The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category: Vehicle Maintenance Management/Supervisors
Job Family: Customer Experience
Address: 8483 N Boyle Pkwy
Primary Location: US-OH-Twinsburg
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2401217