Sales/Customer Service Rep (99845)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Join this growing team! This is a full time role with excellent benefits at a stable company. Training and work (with company issued equipment) is remote until further notice. A Sales Account Representative is responsible for selling home warranty and energy related products and services in a blended environment handling both inbound and outbound sales calls. Account Representatives will work closely with supervisors and coaches to meet quality assurance guidelines for professionalism, sales techniques and customer engagement. No cold calling!Key Accountabilities
- Sell home warranty and energy-related products and services to residential and commercial customers following quality standards, scripting processes and procedures as trained and documented in the company policy and procedure manual.
- Perform utility start and transfer service following designated utility standards.
- Navigate systems efficiently and enter data accurately while resolving customer needs.
- Maintain thorough understanding and knowledge of utility move and transfer processes and the benefits of our suite of products and services.
- Communicate and comprehend the product and service sales process when following up with customers on enrollment errors.
- Create and maintain personal/team sales goals daily, weekly, monthly.
- Maintain and exceed client and customer expectations through professional telephone interaction on inbound and outbound calls.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to promoting and providing exceptional customer service.
- Proficient typing and computer application skills (minimum of 40 wpm) with strong attention to detail and ability to multitask while speaking with a customer on the phone.
- Motivation for sales, adhering to set computer guided scripts and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, effective listening skills, and ability to identify needs through phone conversation.
- Proven track record of exceeding quotas and business goals in a results oriented environment.
- Ability to handle a high call volume environment while maintaining high performance.
- 1 year experience in Sales or Customer Service
- High School or GED
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced Call Center environment
- Experience accurately capturing details of phone conversation on paper and in a computer application.
- Experience with direct or suggestive selling
- Associate Degree, some college courses
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.