Customer Service Rep (Work from Home) (99861)
Do you consider empathy and care to be core values in the Customer Service field? Do you have a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills? Are you looking for flexibility in working from home? If you answered yes, this role is for you!
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
Responsible for responding to customer inquiries with courtesy and professionalism. Responsible for addressing customer concerns efficiently and completely via the telephone and correspondence as appropriate. This position will require the ability to work all shifts including overnights. It will be a remote position, but will be required to be within a 2 hour radius from our Alton, IL office.Key Accountabilities
- Receives inbound calls from customers related to services provided.
- Clarifies the needs of the customer, answers customer inquiries, and assists in the resolution of concerns.
- Demonstrates customer focus and strives for one call resolution.
- Tracks and documents customer contacts
- Remains accessible to achieve appropriate adherence levels. Maintains a high level of application, process, and water utility knowledge.
- Maintains a courteous and knowledgeable appearance to the customer. Handles difficult calls and avoids escalation whenever possible.
- Continuously improves call handling skills, systems knowledge, and communications skills to enhance customer service levels.
- Identifies and relays to team leader areas for improvement within the customer inquiry and concern resolution processes.
- Provides exceptional service to the customer that meets or exceeds all contractual service level agreements.
- Issues and maintains service orders.
- Supports and sustains a positive environment.
- Remains receptive to performance feedback and continuously seeks to improve skills.
- Maintains adherence to all policies, procedures, programs, standards of performance.
- Personal computing experience, including Microsoft Office applications. Bilingual preferred.
- Strong customer service skills, communication, and problem resolution, ability to present information or respond to inquiries from groups of managers, associates, and customers.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Two (2) years’ experience in related business environment. SAP experience preferred.
- High school diploma or state recognized Educational Equivalency Certificate
- Communication: A successful candidate must be able to communicate proactively with their supervisor or instructor if they are experiencing issues. Employees must provide a backup number in which they can be reached in the event of technical problems with provided equipment.
- General Expectation: The successful candidate needs to be able to focus 100% of their attention to training and taking calls during their 8-hour shift. The training period will be three weeks.
- Home Environment: The successful candidate will need to have a safe, quiet space in the home, free from distractions and background noise.
- Internet Speed Requirements: No satellite-based internet provider, ability to hardwire into modem or router, minimum speed of 10mbps download and 3mbps upload.
- Time Off: It is generally preferred that during the first 90 days of employment that candidates do not miss any time. All appointments should be scheduled before the start of training and/or outside of your assigned shifts wherever possible.
- Transportation: The candidate needs to have adequate, reliable transportation and the ability to come into the office within two hours in the event of an IT or other issue.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.