HVAC Service Technician IN and IL (99546)
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Service Technician 1 is responsible for completing a variety of tasks associated with quality repair and maintenance of residential HVAC equipment. The Service Technician 1 will receive routed work from dispatch, will respond to service calls in a timely manner and perform work to the company’s quality expectations. This individual will be expected to participate in the rotating on-call schedule and accept off shift work during peak workload when needed. All technicians will promote warranty products to customers. This role requires the use of a valid driver’s license to drive a company vehicle and must be refrigerant certified. This individual will be responsible to work and drive safely at all times.Key Accountabilities Continued
- Use good time management to keep non-productive time down during weekly inventory re-stock and picking up parts and materials.
- Must be able to cycle count inventory upon procurement’s request.
- Demonstrates attention to detail involving his/her payroll to minimize any reclass data entries at the end of the month.
- Demonstrates a high level of technical competence.
- Ability to utilize a variety of analytical techniques to solve problems
- Complies to all corporate and department policies and procedures
- Develops strong credibility with co-workers and department leadership
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately diagnose problems or conditions
- Uses good people skills and judgement with customers to provide them with the highest level of customer service.
- Work with the Prevention and Safety Team to keep safety our #1priority by submitting good catches from the field.
- Maintain expected productivity, quality and safety metrics as outlined by the Field Operations Department
- Must show a willingness to continue to learn and take additional training to develop proficiency in the field. This could include in-house training, manufacturers training (including after hours), videos and related articles.
- 1 – 3 years minimum experience.
- High School, GED, Vocational training in HVAC, HVAC certification. Must continue education of HVAC through classes the company requests attendance.
- EPA Certification Type 1 and 2 or Universal
Job may include, but not limited to:
- Climbing, Extreme Hot or Cold (out of doors), Heavy Lifting, Loud Noise, Use of ladders to get to equipment, crawling to look for registers, going into crawl spaces and attics to locate access furnace.
- Safety awareness, overhead hazards, equipment operations, wearing PPE as required.
- Must be able to reach, bend extend and lift 50-60 lbs.
- Must not be afraid of heights.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.