Field Service Tech I E51PL (100058)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Serves as T&D crew member
- Operates Backhoe in very limited circumstances.
- Completes service orders through the toughbook. Performs turn ons and turn offs.
- Keeps track of inventory and makes requests for parts, as needed.
- Performs work associated with maintenance of mains, service lines, hydrants and meter sets.
- Performs work associated with uninstalling new services, making taps, installing hydrants, valves, etc.
- In a relief capacity, may be called upon to
- Operates and maintains system production facilities.
- Works around chemicals required in water treatment plants.
- Orders chemicals, unloads deliveries of chemicals, changes chlorine cylinders, and performs routine maintenance of chemical feed systems.
- Performs valve and hydrant exercising, and updates valve and hydrant cards.
- Performs J.U.L.I.E. locates, and installs meter sets and vaults.
- Changes meters.
- Assists in production department at the plants and wells, as needed.
- Prepares chemical inventory on a weekly basis.
- Performs water tests and collects samples as required.
- Enters pumpage info into company computer systems.
- Prepares both company and State EPA reports that are required.
- Performs routine maintenance of pumps, motors and other equipment located at the production facilities.
- Makes adjustments for chemical feed and pumping of water though SCADA, as needed.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.