Field Service Representative ( R-00051128 )
The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening openings for Field Service Representatives on our Tier 2 End User Support team, supporting Joint Base Lewis McChord & WA, Redstone Arsenal, AL This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping an Army program. In this mission, we provide systems to Army Installations across the United States.
Responsible for maintaining the day to day operational status and test readiness of the listed Installations Tier 1 & 2 equipment. Work with Subject Matter Experts to respond, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair system trouble tickets as generated from the Help Desk. Additional duties may include: performing tasks relating to software applications, COTS software, including installing and configuring these applications onto Windows based workstations, servers and handheld scanners; maintaining support tools, configurations, recovery and back-up procedures, and making recommendations regarding system enhancements and/or improvements; support Fielding/Installation teams and other Technicians/Engineers responsible for ensuring system specifications and capabilities are met.
Primary duties include:
- Maintain Installation operational status of system equipment.
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions, with reach back to our Edgewood MD facility.
- Work with Tier 2 Support and Help Desk teams to resolve Trouble Tickets.
- Conduct testing of installed and configured systems to perform remedial maintenance and troubleshooting to bring inoperative systems back to an operational state.
- Perform the integration of system software as required.
Requires a BS Degree engineering, IFSM, or related field (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.)
Must have 2+ years of relevant engineering experience with the following:
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft Operating Systems (e.g., Windows 10, 8.1, Server 2012, Server 2016, etc.).
- Diagnostic troubleshooting and repair of client workstations, servers, handheld devices.
- Set up and maintenance of Android devices.
Must have a desire to learn and work within a team environment.
Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Secret clearance.
While these positions are primarily to service our systems installed at the previously mentioned locations (WA, AL, TX), the ability to travel to additional Army Installations (~25% of the time) may be required.External Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Field ServicesPay Range: