Associate Director – Customer Engagement Optimization ( MERCUSR112344ENUS)
The Associate Director will be part of the US Market Data, Analytics and Insights (USMDAI) group, providing the US Human Health (USHH) Marketing & Sales decision-makers with analytically and data driven recommendations for superior decision making regarding the allocation of promotional resources across channels, brands and customer segments.
More specifically, the candidate will support and have broad analytical responsibilities for the Hospital and Specialty Business Unit, working closely with Leadership of Sales, Marketing & Commercial Operations. The candidate will provide guidance and help define strategies to implement data-driven sales force plans, implement targeting and segmentation scheme for both personal and digital promotion using machine learning and predictive models where appropriate, be an active member of DETs (Digital Engagement Teams) for various brands in the portfolio. The candidate will also collaborate with colleagues within USMDAI to continue to enhance current and future methodology that will benefit the full portfolio across all Business Units, developing predictive analytics at the customer level.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Secondary Language(s) Job Description
- Superior communication and leadership skills are critical in order to develop, propose and convey technical concepts to business customers and expected as an active team member of DETs.
- Demonstrated skills in developing concise and decision driven presentations that will inform decisions made by Senior Leaders.
- Ability to lead /participate in cross functional teams effectively.
- The candidate must also have demonstrated strong client and project management experience, having to manage multiple analytical projects simultaneously, foster collaboration with colleagues and serve as an advisor to clients on multiple projects.
- As a fair portion of the role will also require the development of hands on analytics and predictive solutions. Working knowledge of SAS/R/Python, Excel and other analytical tools are required.
- The candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in developing and applying predictive analytics solutions to solve similar business challenges in the Health Care, Pharmaceutical, CPG or Banking industry.
- Understanding of the Health Care or Pharmaceutical industry and experience in using various 3rd party data sources, such as IMS Exponent, DDD, HCOS are necessary.
- Required: Master's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operation Research, Data Science, Engineering or any Quantitative Decision field.
- Candidate can work remotely. <5% of business travel
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1