Field Service Technician II ( R-00054036 )
Operates on a regularly schedule as well as in an on-call capacity. Duties include installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing equipment, and reviewing with customer employees on how to operate machinery. Communicates effectively in person or by phone with customer and other service technicians. Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for security equipment maintenance and repair. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Experienced in fault diagnosis utilizing equipment such as digital multimeters, flow meters or oscilloscopes. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Specific experience on Security Screening Equipment is a plus: CEIA, Smiths Detection, Rapiscan, and L3. Ability to work in secure environments and pass applicable background checks is a must. Candidates must have a good driving record and a reliable personally owned vehicle to use for performing daily work. Must be available for overtime as needed in addition to travel. If not already certified for maintaining and repairing the security equipment noted above, then certification is a condition of employment. Must be able to clearly document work performed. High level of reliability is required.
- Report to the Director of Sustainment. Performs scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) on Transportation Security Equipment at U.S. airports and its territories.
- Performs corrective maintenance (CM) on Transportation Security Administration Equipment at airports and is on-call for CM activities in their area, including Texas.
- Must be trained and certified in PM and CM procedures for equipment on which they work.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background check for TSA
- At least 2-5 years of experience in the field of security equipment service and repair or in a related area. (HVAC, medical x-ray/CT systems, etc)
- Electromechanical background/experience
- Familiar using measuring devices (digital multimeters, mass flow meters)
- Adept at interpreting technical schematics and diagrams
- Working knowledge of x-ray imaging and/or magnetometer metal detector systems
- Associates’ Degree Desired (May be Required)