Food Service Quality Field Examiner (29038)
- Understand and contribute to the development of the client expectations and conduct the customer experience examinations to meet the unique expectations for their assigned client.
- The Field Examiner must become well-versed in each client's business and specific client requirements, the details of the customer experience program, and the methods and procedures of Deloitte Services.
- Ability to recite by memory client specific processes, requirements, and product verbiage while in a busy kitchen environment.
- Through rapport building, employee conversations and visual indicators, the Field Examiner must be able to independently uncover and recommend strategies and suggestions for improvement to line level and management personnel on deviations and opportunities within the restaurant's process, product, and equipment.
- Taste various menu items throughout the day per the program requirements including meats, dairy, produce, gluten-based products, nuts, tree nuts, etc.
- Responsible for producing accurate and consistent evaluations that include written reports in English. Entering the results real-time into an iPad.
- Exercise high level of judgment in evaluating the clients' business operations and service, determining and recommending areas of improvement, and determining how to best communicate findings and recommendations, action planning and root cause analysis.
- Utilize experience in food service industry to serve as a quality consultant for clients. The Field Examiner must interact with restaurant/location management to review assessment data and must independently recommend strategies and suggestions for improvement.
- Exercise initiative in formulating improvements in established business procedures. Provide recommendations to the Business Solution Analysis Lead to improve consultant tools, worksheets and training materials.
- Represent the company in important client meetings and interactions. Contribute to building strong client relationships through interactions with clients' personnel in a professional manner and demonstration of industry and functional knowledge.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and conference calls on a regular basis as deemed by the Business Solution Analysis Leads / Manager.
- Attend and contribute to client meetings and participate in client programs.
- Provide important quality-assurance information to clients, and use discretion to determine areas where the quality of the clients' business operations can be improved.
- Must be prepared to travel extensively throughout any region required by the client independently (100%, 52 weeks per year). Includes weekly flights and extensive daily driving. Client driving trips may last 2-3 weeks in duration, including weekends.
- Minimum of four years of food service experience and/or hospitality
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience in food and beverage industry, preferably in Operations Manager level or above
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and present data to varying audiences
- Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs and technology, including, but not limited to: iPad / tablet / notebook functionality
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal, in English) with strong analytic and presentation abilities
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision, while adhering to strict deadlines outside of normal business hours
- Must be well-spoken, knowledgeable and able to develop and present examination results in a friendly, empathetic and helpful manner
- Must be a skillful and fluid communicator, possessing the flexibility to communicate effectively with each client representative in the style and manner that he or she prefers
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment by using industry knowledge and fully comprehending clients' business models and needs
- Ability to obtain valid passport and/or valid travel documentation is required
- Ability to obtain valid driver's license
- Must reside in close proximity to a major international airport ( 50 Miles); Regionally based to client locations
- Ability to obtain a ServSafe Managers certification
- Travel up to 100% (While 100% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $45,290-64,700.
- Current ServSafe/Tips certification, HACCP training/certification
- Management Operations experience within the Food and Beverage and/or customer service field
- Training/facilitation experience targeted toward different learning styles and audiences
- BA/BS degree in Culinary, Hospitality or Business fields preferred
- Multilingual (English -required / Spanish - preferred / French - preferred)