IBD-K Field Service Technician ( R-00057048 )
The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for an IBD-K Field Service Technician to work in Afghanistan. This role is in support of the Integrated Base Defense Contract Sustainment Support of the fielded and to be fielded equipment.
- Execute IBD equipment calibrations and preventive/corrective maintenance in both garrison and field environments.
- Make direct liaison with active US Army, US Army Reserve, and US National Guard units to conduct operator and sustainment level maintenance.
- Interface directly with original equipment manufacturers for external support or maintenance actions that exceed contractor capabilities.
- Execute master work schedules and provide direct input into an automated logistics management system for work performed, work to be performed, and all equipment technical data as required.
- Conduct equipment shelf life management, configuration management of software and hardware, and calibrations.
- Interface with training staff as necessary to facilitate equipment maintenance training to program stakeholders.
- Research and gather relevant project data, contribute to the development of technical documentation and equipment readiness reports, respond to customer inquiries, and verify product technical quality.
- Responsible for tracking assigned maintenance activities and keeping the program management team appraised of progress and issues.
- Will ensure all intervals of preventive maintenance are completed as scheduled and all corrective maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Enters all maintenance actions into the applicable work order tracking systems and works closely with the logistics support personnel for tool, consumable, or replacement part requisitioning.
- Responsible for guiding and training junior FSTs and overall technical support of the subordinate team.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Interface with military units and conduct scheduled and unscheduled maintenance site visits.
- Use an automated logistics management system to generate, track, update, and close out maintenance work orders, provide reporting as required, and maintain accountability of property.
- Load and unload trucks, receive materials, wrap, label, and ship equipment and supplies.
- Inspect, diagnose, repair, calibrate, and perform quality control for IBD equipment.
- Conduct shelf-life and warranty management for IBD equipment.
- Complete inspections of unit equipment and open and track work orders.
- Ensure compliance with all hazardous material regulations.
- Travel to military sites and conduct preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Conduct equipment inventories.
- Complete all required training and maintain certifications
- Active Secret security clearance required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of relevant technical experience or or 12 yrs of relevant experience in lieu of degree. .
- Relevant and recent IBD systems training and maintenance experience at the journeyman-level.