CBRNE Field Service Technician ( R-00059263 )
***Must have an active Top Secret Clearance***
Leidos currently has a CBRNE Field Service Technician opening that will support the Security Engineering Program (SEP) program in Washington, DC.
The CBRNE Field Service Technician will serve as the second shift maintenance technician for a multimedia environmental sampling operation charged with installation, maintenance and calibration of vapor and particulate monitoring equipment. The CBRNE Field Service Technician will perform other maintenance related work at various locations within the National Capital Region. Successful candidate will provide technical expertise to diagnose and repair electronic malfunctions, remove, and repair or replace unserviceable equipment. Successful candidate will troubleshoot and test faulty equipment, identify system malfunctions and repair system failures. The Field Technician will perform confidence tests on selected equipment as needed to ensure proper operation, assist with system sampling and identification to determine health of equipment while maintaining communications and assessing operational data.
Second Shift: Monday-Friday 2pm to 10pm
Location: Washington, DC
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Apply knowledge of operation, capabilities and limitations of equipment and systems.
- Use ingenuity in the application of shop and trade practices to solve operating and repair problems. .
- Analyze daily work reports, identify problems, interpret procedures, and problem solve to positive effect.
- Maintain work records; prepare clear and concise reports.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Learn and observe all appropriate safety precautions as required, including, but not limited to, OSHA General Industry Safety Orders, Respiratory Protection Program, and Safety Directives.
- BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Must have an active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
- Must be a US citizen
- Candidate must be able to follow written and oral instructions with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Candidate must successfully pass a medical screening exam
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- A valid driver’s license or the ability to meet the transportation requirements of this position.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior laboratory experience
- Hands on technical experience in mechanical, electrical, or any of the basic sciences
- Basic networking experience
- Ability to work flexible hours (on call, shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed)
- Past military experience in working with Chemical, Biological and Radiological equipment is a plus
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and chemical processes CBRNE experience (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear Explosive) (preferred)
- Emergency Response Background HAZWOPER Certification (preferred)