Billing & Collections Customer Service Representative (Bilingual Spanish (338462)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Provide superior customer service to direct billed clients of Chubb, including, Commercial Risk Services, Casualty Risk, A&H, Westchester, Small Commercial, and other Chubb divisions. Effectively handle and respond to phone and email inquiries from business partners, agents, and insureds in a call-center environment. In addition, the team resolves discrepancies and processes financial transactions, including customer assisted payments, disbursements, transfers, stop payments, voids, etc.
Reporting Relationship and Scope
Under the general supervision of the unit’s manager, demonstrate a proficient and thorough working knowledge of CBS (Customer Billing System), BCWS (Billing and Collection Workstation) and additional related policy handling systems, which include CUW, Marketplace, and GENIUS. Financial Representative interacts directly with, and provides accurate feedback to, insureds, agents, business groups, underwriters, and other customers through verbal and written correspondence.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide superior customer service, to both internal business units and external customers including brokers and policy holders. Research, analyze, reconcile, and resolve simple to complex customer billing discrepancies.
- Receive incoming customer service inquiries from internal business units, agents, and insureds via the toll-free Interactive Voice Response telephone line. Respond to servicing questions accurately and timely, within procedures and authority guidelines, with minimal managerial supervision.
- Respond to incoming customer service email inquiries from internal business units, agents, and insureds. Respond to servicing questions accurately and timely, within procedures and authority guidelines, with minimal managerial supervision.
- Maintain average call wrap times, staffed time, and all other incoming phone call metrics per unit objectives and Service Level Agreements.
- Process financial transactions accurately and timely, including customer assisted payments, disbursements, transfers, stop payments, voids, etc.
- Handle simple to complex agent commission issues. Work with brokers to reconcile and resolve differences arising from Mid Term BOR changes.
- Complete special projects timely, accurately, and thoroughly.
- Maintain all PCI requirements including clean desk policy.
- Bilingual Spanish required.
- Some college preferred in accounting or Finance or 2+ years of customer service/financial services experience, preferably in a call center environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and time-management skills to effectively provide accurate and timely support to internal and external customers.
- Ability to work effectively in a customer-oriented and team-based environment.
- Ability to quickly build relationships with Chubb underwriters and servicing agents and work closely with them to resolve policy discrepancies with a can-do attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn and document workflows.
- Ability to deal with time pressures and multiple priorities.
- Proficient or knowledge of Chubb systems CBS, BCWS, CUW, and GENIUS; or Ability to acclimate to new systems quickly and proficiently.
- Proficient in Microsoft office systems (Word, Excel, etc.) and demonstrated aptitude to learn specific technology
- Excellent analytical, research and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to assist with unit phone coverage initially CBS, later BCWS in order to accommodate business needs.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://chubb.com/careers