Field Service Representative (Water Utility) (100663)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Are you customer obsessed with a goal to provide excellent service? Do you enjoy working with your hands and consider yourself to be mechanically inclined? If you're looking for a new and exciting career that combines both of those things, then California American Water may have the role for you! We are seeking a Field Service Representative to join our team in Monterey, CA. In this position, you will respond to service orders from our customers, troubleshoot issues, answer questions, and help to provide a vital resource to our community.
- Performs advanced customer service functions in the field. Turns on and turns off water service to customers and obtains proper meter readings.
- Turns off and restores service on delinquent accounts. Investigates and resolves routine customer complaints such as those relating to defective water meters, leaks, dirty water, pressure, high bills etc. Installs and changes meters, and replaces damaged meter boxes and lids. Investigate inquiries from supervisor or customer as necessary. Maintain detailed and complex records in company databases and company applications.
- Effectively use company equipment including work truck, computer, tablet, small hand tools, etc. Read and record customer meter readings on hand-held unit and Toughbook as necessary. Does other similar work, which he/she may be called upon to perform, and any other work as necessary or to satisfactorily complete the job to which he/she has been assigned.
- High school education or equivalent. Must be able to prepare the necessary forms and documents relating to the position. Must have ability to carry out oral and written instructions. Requires normal physical and mechanical ability and ability to meet the public.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds.
- Must obtain a California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) certification as a Distribution Operator, Grade 1 within one year from date of employment/transfer/reclassification. Certification must be maintained for employment.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s license.
- Small hand tools and any other tools necessary to complete the job.
- The Forty (40) hours per week being five (5) consecutive days of eight (8) hours each, exclusive of lunch periods.
- Position may be required to work overtime hours and is subject to 24-hour call out as needed.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.