Technical Service Representative (R447099)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who We Want
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
- Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
- Customer-oriented achievers. Representatives with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
- Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
What You Will do
- Provide phone support for inquiries from sales and healthcare professionals.
- Engage, interact, and respond in a prompt, accurate, courteous and poised manner to encourage positive business relationships
- Process all work in accordance with relevant working practices and standard operating procedures.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to improve service levels, internal processes and customer support methodology
- Consistently demonstrate a positive, constructive, and cooperative attitude in the business environment.
- Provide support beyond standard hours as needed if call volume and/or workload require additional time.
- Build relationships with internal and external customers to drive exceptional customer service
- Support Sales Department by providing answers to questions generated by telephone, e-mails and fax. Researches responses with sales.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Determine charges for product requests / usage, collaborate with Accounts Receivable on invoice disputes / discrepancies, take appropriate action required to resolve dispute.
- Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Maintain customer pricing in systems of record, including entering contracts as required.
- Implement and support Quality initiatives throughout Customer Service workflow
- Implement procedures to maintain accurate inventory records in the ERP system through proper billing and replenishment processes.
What We Need
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Passion for best-in-class customer service and ability to make customers promoters of our products and services
- Drive to dig into the details of customer issues to solve problems proactively
- Computer skills and know-how to navigate between different systems
- Enthusiasm to learn about Stryker Joint Replacement game-changing products and technology
- 2+ years of customer or account management experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated computer skills (e.g. ERP systems, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Excel and Word.)
- Demonstrated problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational, customer service and follow up skills
- Demonstrated phone skills; ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with ability to successfully communicate verbally and writing
- Demonstrated accuracy in data entry and report generation
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours, as needed to support the business needs.
- Must be able and willing to work successfully in a team environment.
- Prefer demonstrated knowledge of the medical implant industry and hospital customer base
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.