Enterprise Data & Information Senior Architect – Customer (R449153)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The role of Enterprise Information Architect – Customer focuses on the enterprise aspect of data requirements specific to the design, access, meaning, usage and stewardship of customer master and related data.
From a business functional perspective the role aligns to Commercial space, requiring prior experience in areas such as customer engagement & sales, territory management & incentive compensation, eCommerce & channel management, field service & case management, customer and HCP master data management, the latter for both B2B and B2C scenarios.
The position requires an understanding of emerging regulatory issues surrounding information assets like Sox, HIPPA, GDPR, CCPA, etc. The role prioritizes on enterprise master data because of its high impact across the organization, however pertains to key data of all types such as master, reference, transactional, analytical. The role also focuses on all key business data regardless if it is created internally at Stryker or acquired by 3rd party data providers, and regardless its format (i.e. structured, semi-structured, etc.). This role is a shared resource across projects and would need to coordinate closely with the project-level data and technology stakeholders.
Essential duties & responsibilities: (detailed description)
In alignment to EA principles and close collaboration with project data analysts, business data and process governance leads, and other key stakeholders this role is responsible for:
- Develop or lead alignment to the information management strategic goals and the enterprise data governance and architecture operating model.
- In close collaboration with business and process architects, translate strategic requirements into usable enterprise data and information architecture.
- Lead cross-project information architecture related activities around enterprise data, including facilitation of cross=functional workshops.
- Collaborate with project-level data analysts and/or solution architects to create and publish enterprise Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs) depicting the end-to-end flow of data for specific subject areas and at the holistic enterprise level.
- Collaborate with project-level data analysts to create and publish Business Information Models(BIMs) for specific subject areas and at the holistic enterprise level.
- Collaborate with process and data governance leads and project-level data analysts to define, manage and publish business glossary and data dictionary for Stryker’s key data assets.
- Lead the definition of integrative and canonical views of data to establish catalog of enterprise data services in the form of unified business views, or in support of convergence of information assets for data migration planning or impact analysis.
- Lead the definition of technical standards and guidelines that pertain to data and information use, security, access and governance (including defining accountabilities in support of data quality mandates).
- Streamline M&A processes by providing data and information architecture, including data attribute rationalization and mappings across systems.
- Ensure existing information assets are identified, stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise.
- Create and lead alignment to enterprise information reference architecture, includes long term strategic goals and vision for data architecture and management tools and standards.
- Drive change towards data-driven culture; support and advocate enterprise information management, including coaching and training.
- Identify and develop opportunities for data re-use, migration, or retirement.
- Monitor regulatory guidelines (i.e. consumer privacy issues), compliance and related guidance (i.e. data retention and audit requirements) and emerging industry standards (i.e. data privacy & ethics standards), to determine impact on enterprise information architecture.
Education & special trainings:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- Advanced degree desired.
- Data architecture and/or management certifications highly preferred
- Minimum 10+ years equivalent work experience
Qualifications & experience:
The successful candidate for this position will have the following experiences and expertise:
- In-depth experience designing and implementing information solutions.
- Knowledgeable in the design and construction of information architectures that enable well-integrated transactional, collaborative and analytic systems.
- Data/information modeling expertise at the enterprise level.
- Experience with Data Modelling tools like ER/Studio, Sparx EA, ERwin or similar tools is highly desired
- Experience with modern data tools like Collibra, Tamr, Alteryx, Io-Tahoe, etc. is highly desired
- Experience with Big Data technologies and solutions (i.e. streaming and pipelines) is a plus
- Experience creating strategic roadmap and accompanying information architecture to streamline M&As.
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks (such as Zachman and FEAF).
- Understanding of differences between relational modeling and object modeling.
- Understanding of taxonomies and ontologies, as well as the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modeling) to less structured sources.
- Understanding of metamodels.
- Knowledge of IMDBs like SAP HANA, and modern database technologies like MS Azure Synapse, Snowflake, etc., is a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Experience creating information policy to support effective design of information systems and use of information across the enterprise.
- Experience with various information modeling techniques (such as data flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams or create/read/update/delete matrices).
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Physical & mental requirements:
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills are required. The successful candidate must have the ability to persuade and build consensus cross-functionally, in a collaborative team-oriented manner. He/she must be able to inspire and motivate the organization as the transformation activities continue across IS and within the business.
- Excellent communication skills. Communication across the enterprise will be important as this leader will often be tasked with leading and facilitating cross-functional teams and workshops. The successful candidate must effectively communicate cross-functionally and at a variety of levels within the organization.
- Organization & Strategic Agility. The successful candidate must have a high degree of situational awareness and ability to navigate complex issues and channels to successfully deliver solutions in partnership with business and IS leadership teams.
- High Energy & Stamina. Proven capabilities in persevering through cultural and political hurdles with balanced optimism to drive and deliver on managed service strategies / objectives.
- Process, Cost & Metrics Champion. Process and continuous improvement zealot with strong analytical skills in identifying and building new opportunities and offerings. Must be able to consistently drive outcomes through influence and measurement rather than through direct control.
- Ownership & Accountability. The successful candidate must be comfortable taking ownership of deliverables, following up and following thru to successful completion, in a collaborative manner.
- Executive Presence & Situational Awareness. Must be able to deep dive and understand complex issues, processes and data, but roll-up and convey concepts in a digestible manner across all levels. Must have the ability to sense and adapt to situations and/or changes in direction with calm, poise and professionalism.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.