Field Service Technician - Durham, NC (R450004)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Position Title: Field Service Technician
EEO Code: 3-1
Exempt/Non: Non Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Department: Customer Care
- Performs field service of Stryker Communications product line installed at the customer site
- Troubleshoots and repairs complex technical issues
- Maintains quality records post servicing of equipment performs quality checks on Stryker Communications product line post service
- Will work independently with guidance and tasking from Team Lead and/or RISM.
- Follows written procedures for troubleshooting and maintenance of mechanical electrical and electronic systems
- Documents process of technical support form initiation of call through problem resolution of situation including all quality records involved.
- Interacts with Operations and R&D to solve complex issues
- Keeps team members and supervisor informed of issues requiring FDA notification and MDR reporting.
- Responsible for compliance with standard written procedures and quality documentation of company policies and procedures of the Technical Support department.
- May conduct training for new hire personnel and on site hospital bio medical and nursing staff
- Interacts with customers with regard to post market surveillance activities.
- Responsible for staying current with all ComplianceWire training with none past due.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Has the independence and authority to perform required tasks to ensure all provisions of the quality system are met.
- Able to routinely make a decision which may affect immediate operation and have a company- wide impact.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to review printed materials.
- Must have demonstrated fine motor skills.
- Must be able to use sophisticated test and office computer equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, telephone, Broadcast test and measurement equipment etc.).
- Ability to work with large pieces of equipment.
- Effective reading and writing skills.
- Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine testing and/or equipment issues using independent judgment.
- Must be able to follow and explain detailed instruction troubleshooting and inspection procedures.
- Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
- Must be able to logically diagnose issues and systematically solve problems
- Must be able to travel
- 2 year installation or production line experience with Stryker Communications or 2-3 years industry experience with relevant field service experience.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with surgeons, hospital staff, nurses and biomedical personnel
- Ability to prioritize issues.
- Computer literate.
- Functional with Microsoft Office including Excel, and Word
- Ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly
- Basic electronic and mechanical aptitude
- Skilled at cable termination of all standard digital and analog industry connectors.
- Knowledge of video, audio and data communications systems
- Knowledge of OR etiquette and basic hospital procedure
- Associate’s degree, technical degree, or Bachelors Degree preferred.
- AV or IT background or Medical Equipment experience in OR lights and ceiling mounted equipment
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.