Lead Field Service Engineer (R444709)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. Stryker offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives.
We are currently seeking a Field Service Engineer to join Stryker’s AIRO-CT Scanner Systems Team in New Jersey.
As the Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for independently scheduling and performing on-site installation, maintenance and repair of highly complex medical equipment and software systems.
Who we want
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Self starter. People who thrive in an autonomous work atmosphere. Go getter mentality.
Customer-oriented achievers. Representatives with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships
What you will do
The Field Service Engineer will maintain customer satisfaction, provide both verbal and on-site customer support and verify/approve the operational quality of Stryker systems and equipment.
- Coordinate and execute, installation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of AIRO-CT Scanner Systems both in-house, and in the field. When in the field, working with customers and local sales representatives to provide timely and effective customer service.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the existing generations of the AIRO-CT Scanner System.
- Provide positive interaction with customers during performance of installations, warranty and service repairs, upgrades, field actions, preventive maintenance visits, and equipment trials to turn every encounter into a relationship-building experience.
- Assist in the development of and provide training on the AIRO-CT Scanner System for prospective external field service technicians as well as customer account biomedical personnel.
- Provide internal support for the field service business through intermediate projects and assignments, including, but not limited to cost reductions and new product launches.
- Assist in the drafting of Service Bulletins and other repair related documentation, as well as the development of repair procedures and fixtures to improve the quality and efficiency of field service.
What you need
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering Technology, or equivalent-related civilian and/or military experience required.
- Excellent computer networking and software skills.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Minimum of 3 years technical field service experience with X-ray equipment or equivalent.
Additionally, you will need
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 85 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or a medium amount of force constantly to move/drive objects.
- Coordination of eye, hand and foot movement with an ability to grasp by hand and meet cognitive demands to include visual and auditory discrimination / memory, reading ability and memory retention ability
- Exercise discretion and independence when applying professional expertise.
- Must be able to manage time, projects, stress and conflict.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication.
- Must be able to bring tasks through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to prioritize work and keep detailed and confidential records.
- Must be able to communicate / present to large groups of people.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.