Senior Network Engineer - Flight Service ( R-00062038 )
Leidos is seeking a Senior Network Engineer who is a Subject Matter Expert supporting the Future Flight Services Program (FFSP) Enterprise Wide Area network which is a 24x7x365 Flight Service Network Operations in a complex multi-platform (Cisco – F5) environment.
FFSP Enterprise Wide Area Network supports the general aviation pilots’ safety flight briefings, including, search & rescue activities, ground to ground, and air to ground communications systems. Network Operations are governed by Service level Agreements (SLA) and where interruption to services can have an adverse effect on pilot safety and affect the delivery of services within the SLA agreements.
Network Operations responsibilities include the following: Internet Facing Services, Cisco CUBE SIP Trunking, VoIP, Internal Data Center Networking, CISCO GRE Tunneling, and cross data center communications.
The Senior Level Network Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of highly technical network activities across multiple disciplines requiring a highly diverse background in all aspects of enterprise network management and support.
Senior Network Engineer Responsibilities:
• Provides technical analysis and research in data network planning, engineering, design and implementations.
• Directly coordinate & communicate with FAA Customer Management and Technical personnel in the ongoing design, support and maintenance of the FFSP network Architecture and government provided communications networks.
• Directly coordinate Cyber Threat mitigation with FAA Customer technical representatives for rapid remediation of FAA Cyber DOC-SOC Alerts.
• Perform Subject Matter Expert rapid analysis and remediation on FFSP Operational network issues arising in day-to-day operations supporting the Flight Service 24x7x365 environments.
• Perform Subject Matter Expert rapid analysis and remediation on FFSP Operational Test LAB network issues arising in day-to-day operations supporting the Flight Service 24x7x365 Development environments.
• Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems.
• Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• Implement new hardware into production computer rooms, complete activities that can’t be done during first and mid-shifts to minimize risks associated with equipment changes & implementations in active production FFSP operational computer rooms.
• Evaluates risk associated with planned implementations processes, monitors associated risks and communicates changing risk assessments while performing implementation activities in the event of abnormal system feedback.
• “Break/Fix” on all FS21 operational enterprise equipment 24x7x365 and network systems as directed by the FFSP NOC Ticketing System.
• Support network equipment software within the facility and all systems within the facility in all aspects of daily LAN/WAN administrative support.
• Coordinates third-party maintenance for network and office automation equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and other department network administrators.
• Provide after-hours support
• Work independently to resolve reported issues
• Must be will to work variable shift work supporting maintenance windows 10:00pm to 6:00am for implementation of changes to the FFSP LAB and Operational Network Equipment.
• Support the implementation of the entire FFSP WAN Infrastructure
• Secondary Tasking is the maintenance and support of the Program Cisco Firewall equipment within the two data centers and FFSP LAB environments.
o Cisco 2110 & 2130 Fire Power FTD
o FMC 1600 Fire Power Firewall Manager
• Work independently after hours supporting Maintenance Window hardware installations on third shift for the installation and support of Network hardware in production operations for the Flight Service LAB and Operations equipment
• Research ongoing IOS updates for Network equipment and submits recommendations for final review by the FFSP Change Control Board
• Create implementation plans/technical solutions for approved Hardware Change Requests, coordinates implementation activities with other support areas, and implements planned changes to production environments
• Support other FFSP IT personnel in other FFSP facilities to solve new problems encountered, coach/communicate with other FFSP personnel on lessons learned
• Coordinate Leidos Corporate technical resources to solve complex network/application/system problems encountered in FFSP daily operations.
o Communicate to other FFSP facilities on recommended solutions
• Work as part of a larger team of Subject Matter Experts working in the Network and Security Operations Center to affect repairs to all automation equipment within the facility and within the AFSS enterprise networks
• Requires a Bachelor’s of Science degree with a minimum of 12 years of experience, or Masters with a minimum of 10 years, supporting Enterprise Networks or requisite Certifications and work experience.
• Expert knowledge of the Management & Support of Cisco Network devices, including Cisco Firewall (Threat Defense)(2130), Cisco ASA Firewalls (2110), Routers (1001x, 4321, 4507), Switches (9300, 3850)
• IP Addressing and network in an Enterprise environment.
• Cisco Certified
o CCNA, Cyber Operations, Cisco Telephony CUBE –SIP Communications
o CCIE Level Cisco experience
• SIP – Cisco CUBE & Related SIP Trucking Network Support
• VoIP Digital IP Networking
• Cisco Firewall Configuration and Support Threat Defense and ASA
• Subject Matter Expert in general Network Principals: Implementation and Operation of enterprise networks, VLANs, Tunnels, ACL, Policies, and network device Cyber related protections.
Must: Be able to support emergency & off Hours Support
Be able to support variable daily work hours
Support Maintenance Windows (Scheduled) 10:00pm to 6:00am, M-Th
Critical Maintenance Window (Emergency) 24 x 7, M- S