Service Desk Technician II (32760)
Amentum is currently seeking a Service Desk Technician II to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations. The Technician will provide user support for all aspects of Information Technology services for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems for National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS).
- Provide phone, email, web, and in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, computer operating systems, desktop applications for all types of computer systems, and applications developed or deployed under this contract.
- Serve as the first point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software, all types of computer systems (PC and Mac), and printer problems.
- Provide in-depth procedural & technical computer end-user support with the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Support will be provided using inbound phone calls, inbound chat, inbound & outbound email, instant messaging or other
tools as assigned & available. In some cases, the technician will dispatch service requests & escalate issues to appropriate points of contact defined within the support organization.
- Resolve basic issues remotely that have been reported by the customer. Upon completing additional training, will move to resolve more complex issues.
- Provide comprehensive Phone & Chat Support for the efficient resolution of incidents & requests of end-users.
- Partner with other IT teams in the development, testing & implementation of commercially & internally developed solutions.
- Upon completing additional training, assist in various scopes of the Service Desk as needed by the business. Resolve more complex hardware & software problems utilizing this additional training & expertise.
- Assist the IT Field Techs & cross-functional teams, in the resolution of IT related issues for all supported platforms.
- Efficiently & accurately identify the customer’s specific information.
- Appropriately document all required information into the ticketing system & the knowledge-base.
- Resolve service requests or issues as appropriate on the first point of contact or within the specified timeline.
- Meet required productivity expectations, including Service Center metrics.
- Route & Dispatch the service request to the appropriate IT support group or next level Tech, for resolution, if the problem cannot be handled within defined time constraints.
- Maintain & contribute to the in-house knowledge-base; Analyze content of resolved tickets & promote information to knowledge-base articles as appropriate, while keeping knowledge-base articles current.
- Possess the capacity to work independently & effectively while maintaining positive productivity levels.
- Maintain a positive relationship with fellow peers, cross functional teams & leadership.
- May be asked to participate in After-Hours Support rotations, as needed (on call).
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- Must be a U.S citizen
- Ability to be cleared at the TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q level and the ability to maintain clearance throughout the life of the contract.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED and at least 3 years of experience to the requirements.
- Must have a working knowledge of PC operations which include: Hardware, network settings,
operating system, & MS Office applications.
- Basic to intermediate virtual desk expertise (related to equipment connectivity for computing
- Ability to type 35 WPM
- Active Government Clearance.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with the Mac OS or Windows OS.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- Any Technical Certifications, ie: A+, NET+, ACMT, Microsoft Fundamentals, etc.
- ITIL v4 Foundations Certification.
- Ability to type 50+ WPM.