Field Service Technician - Omaha (R456799)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker's vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Why customer service at Stryker?
Are you interested in making a difference in healthcare by assisting sales reps and building relationships with customers? As a member of our customer services team, that is exactly what you will do! Here, you will be a part of a dynamic and supportive team that provides solutions to our customers in their time of need.
Be Stryker’s face of service to specified health system or territory. Increase customer uptime through proactive product and process support and partner with customers to drive a seamless delivery experience. Drive efficiencies across the business to better the Instruments Field Service Business and Service Delivery.
• Proactively collaborates with internal teams/departments to promote a culture of inclusiveness and cooperation.
• Responsible to live and exemplify Stryker’s Values: Integrity, Accountability, People, and Performance.
• Provide effective, proficient, and timely post-sales service, troubleshooting and repair management, product field actions, preventative maintenance, quality control inspections to all customers in direct support of the sales team to ensure optimal customer satisfaction and best-in-class service.
• Become an expert on properly maintaining the Stryker products within your realm of responsibility. Perform service to customer’s equipment without negatively impacting their daily business / work flow.
• Provide post-sale in-servicing and product-use support on equipment operation and maintenance.
• Teach cleaning and maintenance best practices to operating room, central sterile and biomedical teams.
• Follow all administrative duties, complete all necessary paperwork and track product support solutions, e.g. repair orders, service request forms, product inquiries, Field Actions and part order requisitions in a very accurate and timely manner.
• Assist Field Service Manager with development and deployment of the training documentation, SOPs and work instructions for the Field Service team; evaluate existing technical processes and identify deficiencies.
• Maintain an accurate inventory of Stryker equipment and parts, verify tool calibration.
• Provide advanced subject matter expertise and support to Field Sales Representatives, internal and external customers. In addition, highlight complex issues via phone, email and on site, if necessary.
• Participate in resolution of customer complaints and escalated issues.
• Work with technical support call center, manufacturing, engineering, project management, inventory, purchasing and management groups when applicable.
• Be a leader in personal performance for the field service metrics.
• Promote Stryker’s business by recognizing opportunities to fulfill additional customer needs and communicating with the appropriate Stryker personnel for follow up.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
• Manage schedule and resources as dictated by customer needs.
• Be a problem-solver and drive process improvements in all aspects.
• Plan for frequent travel between hospitals in health system and/or territory based on priority of service requests.
Conduct & Compliance:
• Abide by and support the policies set forth in the Stryker Code of Conduct.
• Understand that compliance with the Code of Conduct, as it may be amended by Stryker Corporation from time to time, is a condition of continued employment with Stryker.
• Conduct work in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations and in accordance with Stryker’s high ethical standards.
• Report and violations of these policies and procedures to Stryker management or in the manner outlined in Stryker’s Ethics Hotline Policy.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No.
Blood Borne Pathogen Category A Position: Yes.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• Up to 50% overnight travel. Willing to work overtime and overnight per the customer’s specified need.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and often stressful working conditions.
• Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks.
• Special attention to details.
• Ability to present ideas and results in logical manner.
• Experience with highly sensitive customer interactions and an understanding of the importance of customer relations.
• Must be self-motivated, self-reliant and able to work with little supervision.
• Must have an outstanding driving record.
• Must have near visual acuity (corrected) color vision, mobility, bending, standing, stooping, and finger dexterity.
• Strong time management skills, ability to manage multiple functions and adhere to daily deadlines.
• Ability to exert up to 75lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 20lbs of force to constantly move objects.
• Ability to remain standing and/or walking for an extended period of time.
• Maintain professional appearance, work ethic, and attitude required by Stryker and our customers.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Experience interpreting service bulletins, user manuals, and other technical manuals, drawings, etc.
• Excellent teamwork, coordination and collaboration skills.
Education & Qualifications Preferred:
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field preferred.
• Experience using power and hand tools preferred.
• 3-5 years of related experience in the field of medical equipment, operating rooms, central sterile or biomedical experience preferred.
• Extensive experience electro-mechanical equipment installations a plus.
• Knowledge of UL/ETL/IED/FDA/TUV standards and how they apply to product designs preferred.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com