Senior Data Scientist - Customer Behavior & Optimization ( 576728-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This role is a blend of advanced analytics, strategy and leadership within the Business Analytics Center of Excellence responsible for providing guidance at the highest levels for operational and strategic decision making. The incumbent will be responsible for customer behavior and value models used in the development of Consumer and Business strategies for Mobile and Home portfolios using Verizon internal data and 3rd party data. You will be focused on embedding data science in optimizing various strategies including Credit, Promotions, CX with a deep understanding of customer segmentation, risk management, statistical methods, machine learning techniques, and cloud computing.
Ability to guide management, to effectively partner with experts in cross-functional fields, and leadership communication will be critical to success in this role. You will also take pride in being an SME in your focused areas by acting as a teacher, mentor and guide to peers and colleagues
- Partner with internal business partners in gathering business requirements and developing advanced analytical solutions to complex problems
- Hands on active participation in analytical projects and delivering improvements in predictive power of models for robust decision guidance
- Active engagement with internal data science community using collaborative tools and platforms
- Prepare presentation materials and formal documents for use with senior management to promote findings and drive science based decision support recommendations
- Develop and deploy both traditional statistical models and machine learning techniques to predict customer propensity and risk including probability of default, survival and churn models
- Partner with in-house data strategy experts to design analytically ready datasets by stitching customer data across multiple platforms and incorporating business rules
- Periodically validate model performance and update models based on changing business strategies/objectives. Automation of repeatable tasks at scale
- Develop strong relationships with business partners to transform the role of analytics to decision guidance (analytics as a partner not as support function)
- Partner with functional groups (Credit Risk, Marketing, IT, Commercial Finance, Operations, FP&A) to embed analytics and science driven approach in all business decisions
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and participate in knowledge/best practice sharing opportunities
- Continually broaden and strengthen knowledge of analytical methods, vendors and tools
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative and/or technology disciplines such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Financial Economics/Econometrics or Operations Research or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in developing and implementing advanced analytical solutions in Financial Services, Retail, Technology, Telco and other related areas.
- Experience leveraging internal and Thirdparty data (Credit Bureaus, Vendors, Agencies etc.) for customer analytics and decision science.
- Experience building statistical and machine learning models along with in-depth programming using R/Python.
- Experience with Model Lifecycle management and governance experience to drive best-in-class data driven decisions.
- Experience with Data management, analysis and visualization experience to realize absolute and incremental commercial gains.
Even better if you have:
- A degree or(Masters of Phd) degree in quantitative or technology disciplines.
- Experience in building high performance and scalable applications with exposure to Big Data Tools and Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka etc.).
- Ability to explore and adapt novel solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in web application development and related knowledge of HTML, CSS, Java Script, REST API, Dash/Plolty, Nodejs, Reactjs and Web servers (Apache or other)
- Experience in product development and demonstrated ability to drive projects from conceptual stage to the completion stage.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.