Field Service Technician I C1546 (100854)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.
Performs b-box and valve inspections and maintenance/exercising, fire hydrant flushing inspections, and leak detection. Reads, tests, and/or installs water meters, when needed, and performs customer service functions, when needed.Key Accountabilities
- Performs b-box and valve inspections and maintenance/exercising, fire hydrant flushing inspections, and leak detection.
- Reads, tests, and/or installs water meters, when needed, and performs customer service functions, when needed.
- Works with utility crews and customers, performing various water and sewer utility repairs, maintenance, and a high level of customer service awareness.
- Maintains and keeps equipment in proper and safe operating condition.
- Performs minor repairs on equipment.
- Performs required paperwork, when needed, accurately, completely, detailed, and on time.
- Effectively operates various equipment such as line locators, metal locators, pressure gauges, sawzall, augers, b-box keys, meter reading equipment, etc.
- Uses various hand and power tools.
- Works with teams to complete assigned projects on time.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-2 years of experience in the water industry.
- Works overtime, when required.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.