Specialist Service Delivery - Customer Service (100888)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Responsible for researching and resolving problems presented by the Northeast Region Customer Field Services involving Service First and other processes. Responsible for researching, resolving and responding to inquiries and complaints submitted by the state regulatory boards. Responsible for effecting collections for special accounts and ensuring that all water usage is billed.Key Accountabilities
- Interact with Regulatory Board personnel in resolving and responding to regulatory board complaints within established targets.
- Respond to customer complaints by providing explanation of billing methodology, clarification of tariff provisions and state regulations, and engaging in billing negotiations.
- Interact with municipal authorities, fire commissioners and key account personnel to effect payment of aged revenue from Special Accounts.
- Identify, research and resolve theft of service and inactive with consumption. Identify responsible parties and initiate billing.
- Perform all Service First back office functions related to error correction and field follow up.
- Create and close service orders as necessary.
- Issue access letters to customers identified by field personnel as necessary.
- Identify field process and individual handling needing improvement or correction and provide this assessment to supervisor.
- Identify regulatory complaint trends and relay to supervisor.
- Perform system testing for Service First issue updates as necessary.
- Assist company legal counsel in addressing issues by providing account review and billing explanation.
- Represent the company at legal and regulatory proceedings as assigned.
- Maintain adherence to all policies, procedures, programs, standards of performance and approved business objectives including those involving affirmative action, communications, community relations, human resources, labor relations, health and safety, and security
- Two (2) years experience in a Water Utility.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Valid drivers license.
- Knowledge of the regulated water/wastewater business within the region and the regulations impacting the business.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.