Customer Strategy Data Insights Senior Consultant (50310)
- Use a combination of primary research, client data, and Deloitte housed data to uncover insights relevant to the client or Deloitte pursuit.
- Apply those insights to create and drive strategies that develop new business or turn around ailing ones
- Bring together strategic, creative, and technical skills to help leaders understand how insights can help transform their business for the better.
- Leverage analytics/data science techniques to develop monitoring of insights to help inform the business.
- Develop the insights storyline to interpret analytic findings to non-technical audiences
- Understanding and applying clustering/sampling techniques to design
- Having and growing an understanding of the multi-channel marketing optimization problem space
- Performing exploratory data analysis to understand relationships, opportunities to influence outcomes and how to attribute cross channel outcomes
- Being able to quickly iterate over common feature transformation and model types in order to find the best predictive models
- Being able to interpret the models that are being generated
- Developing proofs of concept to verify your ideas
- Closing the loop to make sure that the proposed solution is performing as it should and is correctly understood by clients
- Working closely with clients throughout
You'll join a team of passionate, talented analytics and insights professionals who collaborate to design, build and maintain cutting-edge insights that arm our clients with the ability to spot customer value and act upon it. If you're intellectually curious, hardworking and solution-oriented, you'll fit right into our fast-paced, collaborative environment. In addition to working with our data science team, you'll also work closely with our data engineering team to develop top-of-the-line data pipelines.
Because this is a senior role, we are looking for candidates that can carry out research in an autonomous fashion, and who can interact closely with clients with varying levels of machine learning experience.
Customer Strategy & Applied Design
Deloitte's Customer Strategy and Applied Design practice serves as the strategy and experience arm of our Customer and Marketing portfolio of offerings.
Spanning the domains of customer experience, marketing strategy, commercial transformation and innovation/design, our team brings the insight and industry perspective to shape client agendas in the face of disruption. Our team is a diverse array of business strategists, operations experts, designers and technologists passionate about partnering with clients to create customer-centered experiences and solutions in the market.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years' experience in consulting and/or startup environment,
- 2+ years' operating as a manager in a consulting environment.
- 5+ years' experience with programming languages such as SQL, R, Python, or SAS
- 2+ years' experience working with large quantitative and qualitative datasets both hands on and managing teams doing the work.
- Ability to perform exploratory data analysis to understand relationships, opportunities to influence outcomes, and how to attribute cross channel outcomes
- Ability to guide teams on appropriate methodology and approach for developing insights to solve business problems.
- Strong storytelling skills with experience presenting to large technical and non-technical audiences all the way to the C-Suite emphasizing translating data science outcomes into business implications.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- MS or MBA with a quantitative focus (Statistics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Econometrics)
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, including quantitative or statistical background
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles
- Exceptional interpersonal, team building and communication skills
- PowerPoint and Excel proficiency
- Ability to own deliverables
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices